Brandon Brooks gets 4-year extension

Kiltman

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

probably reduces his cap hit next year and is also well deserved because he is a motherf'in BEAST 

Yeah, not going to lie. I'm having hard time thinking of a better FA pick up over the years then Brooks? Outside of the Fluke injury he's legit been one of the Top 5 OG in all of Football as a Eagle. Underrated by the Masses really.

Can you imagine what Houston and Watson could look like if their FO put money into their OL for those that actually deserved it? Thank God for Stupidity!!!!

Him and Lane side by side is Without a doubt the best RG/RT combo in the NFL and that not a Homer take in the slightest!

Good for him and Us!

Love Brooks. He’s an animal. Curious to the timing though. He would have been a FA in 2021. And he’s 30. I’m sure Howie did it for a reason, even if it’s just rewarding a guy who’s been incredible since he’s been an Eagle, but making him the highest paid guard in the league with a new contract at 30 is not exactly a great move for the future. Not mad at it though.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Love Brooks. He’s an animal. Curious to the timing though. He would have been a FA in 2021. And he’s 30. I’m sure Howie did it for a reason, even if it’s just rewarding a guy who’s been incredible since he’s been an Eagle, but making him the highest paid guard in the league with a new contract at 30 is not exactly a great move for the future. Not mad at it though.

Yeah, but as others pointed out this probably helps loosen up money in certain years where things are tight. Probably did it now so they could either dip into this years extra cap, or roll over more of it for next year.

I think it also is a little bit of a messaging thing. Come in, do your job at a high level...you get rewarded.
Lot of guys who have underperformed this year and won't be extended.
He's also pretty universally loved it seems, so team likes to see guys like that do well.