This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

God.  I love the Travel Channel.  Tons of Bigfoot stuff to watch.  Expedition Bigfoot.  Hunt for the Yeti.  These Woods are Haunted. They just go on and on and on.

Nice time to catchup on this stuff.

Bigfoot has been practicing social distancing for years and it's worked well for him.

I thought the Wendigo was more of a Wisconsin thing than Bigfoot?

20 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I thought the Wendigo was more of a Wisconsin thing than Bigfoot?

I saw a show about the Wendigo as well.  Never had heard about that thing.  Apparently yes, Wisconsin is a "hot spot" and it's northwestern Wisconsin.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

I saw a show about the Wendigo as well.  Never had heard about that thing.  Apparently yes, Wisconsin is a "hot spot" and it's northwestern Wisconsin.  

I was watching one of those Travel Channel shows called Monsters, and one episode was on the Wendigo.  Apparently, it’s one nasty little sucker, whatever the heck it is.  Meaner than the Yeti, so they say.  Should’ve gone into cryptozoology, LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

I was watching one of those Travel Channel shows called Monsters, and one episode was on the Wendigo.  Apparently, it’s one nasty little sucker, whatever the heck it is.  Meaner than the Yeti, so they say.  Should’ve gone into cryptozoology, LOL.

How does one measure the meanness of a Yeti?

secondly, for the yeti connoseurs, what kind of Yeti?  

1 hour ago, Cakeshoppe said:

How does one measure the meanness of a Yeti?

secondly, for the yeti connoseurs, what kind of Yeti?  

I laughed when I heard the announcers on TV proclaim that also.  According to legend (per the tv show), the Yeti is much more aggressive and violent. It has been reported by those attacked in the Himalayas that the Yeti will attack its victims, rip their tongues and eyes out, etc.  Whereas, the Sasquatch is more of a curious prankster and not nearly as aggressive (per eyewitness testimony, lol).  Apparently, the Wendigo is some kind of strange alien-looking thing that feeds on humans.  It’s all pretty hilarious to me, but I must admit I find myself “intrigued” by the possibility of things unknown.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

It has been reported by those attacked in the Himalayas that the Yeti will attack its victims, rip their tongues and eyes out, etc. 

Were the people reporting it actually attacked - and therefore were missing eyes or tongues - or they'd just witnessed others attacked this way and had somehow escaped to tell the tale?  :)

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Isn't Wendigo an evil spirit that takes over a person and makes them an insatiable cannibal?

According to crypto-records, yes.  The physical manifestations of Wendigo have been described as pale, gaunt, alien-like.  

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Were the people reporting it actually attacked - and therefore were missing eyes or tongues - or they'd just witnessed others attacked this way and had somehow escaped to tell the tale?  :)

Sherpas and Nepalese peoples have many stories, and some interesting photos of victims, etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

8 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

According to crypto-records, yes.  The physical manifestations of Wendigo have been described as pale, gaunt, alien-like.  

I can tell you I've seen a few of these types lurking in bars around Park Falls... I've got family in that area and I went out with my local yokel cousins for some brews one night and Ho...ly....$#!^

..and I swear they don't know what a shower is either...

Edited by Joe
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

I can tell you I've seen a few of these types lurking in bars around Park Falls... I've got family in that area and I went out with my local yokel cousins for some brews one night and Ho...ly....$#!^

..and I swear they don't know what a shower is either...

Then I guess we have them down here in the southwest also, lol.