This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

On 11/25/2018 at 5:05 PM, Packerraymond said:

The inability to get that deal done was probably the signal Ted was done.

This AIN'T Packers talk, stupid mod

Wait, leader started it. There other thread shouldn't be rivals talk though, stupid mods. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

This AIN'T Packers talk, stupid mod

Wait, leader started it. There other thread shouldn't be rivals talk though, stupid mods. 

Anal retentive much?
I made a comment about Jared Cook....who last I checked.....AIN'T a Packer.

• Like 1

Just now, HighCalebR said:

It's hard to tell with you, it has the same set up as your Madison post in the Post Minn thread

My Madison post? Only thing I can remember saying about him is it would have been nice to see how he fit in - or something to that effect.
Not much to the post really.......wouldnt have thought it that tough to decipher but I'll try to be clearer in the future.
:)

On 11/25/2018 at 5:05 PM, Packerraymond said:

The inability to get that deal done was probably the signal Ted was done.

That seemed to be more Cook and his agent trying to strong arm Ted. Cook ended up with less money in Oakland then what GB offered IIRC. Cook overvalued himself and Ted called his bluff and moved on. Hindsight is 20/20. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

Anal retentive much?
I made a comment about Jared Cook....who last I checked.....AIN'T a Packer.

I mentioned Madison earlier - but not in the context that he definitely could or would have helped us this year. Thats a total crapshoot.

Who are all our OL backups or waiting in the wings to become backups?

Spriggs, Murphy, Light, Patrick.....maybe Madison......and whats on the PS?

:D amirite? I thought there was a good chance you were joking, I was 50/50 on replying right away. 

Moving on, big homie.

11 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I mentioned Madison earlier - but not in the context that he definitely could or would have helped us this year. Thats a total crapshoot.

Who are all our OL backups or waiting in the wings to become backups?

Spriggs, Murphy, Light, Patrick.....maybe Madison......and whats on the PS?

:D amirite? I thought there was a good chance you were joking, I was 50/50 on replying right away. 

Moving on, big homie.

No actually - that post about the OL backups wasnt joking. I was actually asking for opinions.
Obviously Madison's the outlier now as we dont even know he's gonna play football again - but his selection shows me that at least the team was looking for some younger / fill in talent along the OL. Keep the pump primed.

Spriggs and Murphy - who I think (but could be wrong) came in the same draft.....maybe not.....havent really panned out as expected / needed. IMO at least - so they've not "been there" to rotate up and step in when necessary - which kinda put us in a bind. If we're not bringing in top OL FA's for monetary reasons (which makes sense) - we've gotta hit with our talent evaluations and draft selections - or we;ll get caught short and be scrambling.

I'm trying to pick my favorite AAFL team or whatever that new league is that just had Kurt Warner commentate the draft.  Scott Tolkien was drafted.  Do I pick his team as my favorite?  Do I pick a team based on proximity to me?  Do I pick the coolest name?  The Packers probably have one of the lamest team names and they're my team, do I pick the lamest team name?  Do I pick a team based on their chances of winning?

Help!

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm trying to pick my favorite AAFL team or whatever that new league is that just had Kurt Warner commentate the draft.  Scott Tolkien was drafted.  Do I pick his team as my favorite?  Do I pick a team based on proximity to me?  Do I pick the coolest name?  The Packers probably have one of the lamest team names and they're my team, do I pick the lamest team name?  Do I pick a team based on their chances of winning?

Help!

Equalize all variables and remove "consternation" from the process.
How can I do that you ask?
The old, tried and always true: pick a name outta a hat.
Simplicity is always the best remedy :)