BareYourTeeth

Ravens sign veteran defensive tackles Domata Peko and Justin Ellis

Wanted to see if any Broncos or Raiders fans had any insight.

Edited by BareYourTeeth

I mean Peko sucks and Ellis is passable, I guess we needed depth but I can't remember any d-line injuries we've had. 

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I mean Peko sucks and Ellis is passable, I guess we needed depth but I can't remember any d-line injuries we've had. 

Pierce was banged up and missed time in the Cinci game, and Mack has either been hurt or is too raw at this point to rely on. 

If Pierce is going to miss any time moving forward, Williams would be the only run stopper on the roster.

You can do a lot worse than Ellis. He’s meh. Will make an occasional play behind the LOS. At this point in the season it’s a decent pickup.

They're both experienced. Dumervil is a good example of how good Baltimore can be at taking guys that dont seem to have much left and getting a killing out of them. You could do a lot worse than either of these guys 

Not a bad move,  Peko can give you solid, steady play inside for half a year. I bet they make this major focus in the offseason

Jelly Ellis is decent run stuffer. He's had some trouble staying healthy and Hankins outplayed him, but he can play and I'd expect Baltimore to get the most out of him.

Justin Ellis was a pretty ok run stuffing DT for us. If he is still at that level the Ravens get a good rotational guy.

The question is if Ellis is still at that level. He has played 139 snaps in 2018 and 2019 combined due to injuries.