Week 11 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, the line was -10.5 or -11 in most spots, so if they would have kicked the extra point then yes, but still it stayed on the under. 

I think it finished 9.5 in some places. Some buzz on Twitter about it. Kind of hilarious

Way too close for my liking. Still not sure if we're in a downswing, or if the Cardinals just match up better against us than any other team. 

Defense had a rough game especially early on....but we followed up a tough game against Arizona with a great showing against Seattle (almost all their offense points were short fields). 

Deebo stepped up huge today. Hope Sanders and Kittle get healthy soon. I'm glad we got James involved, seems when we target him, good things happen. I'd like to see him get 2-3 targets/touches a game. Pettis/Goodwin seem to have been benched. 

Jimmy G, good and bad, my goodness. I guess you just live with the dumb INT when you get the game winning TD. But if he doesn't throw 2 redzone INT's, this game could have been over far earlier. We could potentially scored 14, and wipe off the 3 they got off a defensive INT, thats a 17 point swing (of course, the game flow could have changed completely too).

Very happy for our team to show some resiliency and come back from 16-0. Huge & Clutch

Overall, we need to get the run game going and get healthy. Otherwise we won't go far in the playoffs. And yeah, our pass rush is ok now, but it should be doing better soon too. I'd love to see some Bosa/Ford sacks. Bosa been shut out sack wise for 3 games now.

It wasn't pretty, but we absolutely needed this win. We've got 6 tough games coming up. Onto Green Bay

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Way too close for my liking. Still not sure if we're in a downswing, or if the Cardinals just match up better against us than any other team. 

Defense had a rough game especially early on....but we followed up a tough game against Arizona with a great showing against Seattle (almost all their offense points were short fields). 

Deebo stepped up huge today. Hope Sanders and Kittle get healthy soon. I'm glad we got James involved, seems when we target him, good things happen. I'd like to see him get 2-3 targets/touches a game. Pettis/Goodwin seem to have been benched. 

Jimmy G, good and bad, my goodness. I guess you just live with the dumb INT when you get the game winning TD. But if he doesn't throw 2 redzone INT's, this game could have been over far earlier. We could potentially scored 14, and wipe off the 3 they got off a defensive INT, thats a 17 point swing (of course, the game flow could have changed completely too).

Very happy for our team to show some resiliency and come back from 16-0. Huge & Clutch

Overall, we need to get the run game going and get healthy. Otherwise we won't go far in the playoffs. And yeah, our pass rush is ok now, but it should be doing better soon too. I'd love to see some Bosa/Ford sacks. Bosa been shut out sack wise for 3 games now.

It wasn't pretty, but we absolutely needed this win. We've got 6 tough games coming up. 

Bosa got chipped almost every time, the one time he didn't late he easily beat the LT and forced Murray to step into the Armstead sack. 

I'm not sure if the pass rush will get better since Ford looks to have a hammy injury and we lost DJ Jones/Blair. Sure we have a deep DL, but you lose three contributors and you will see a drop off.

A divisional win is not going to come easy in this division. Tough top to bottom, even when the Rams are sliding and Cardinals are super young. And being without as many starters as we have been without, it will eventually take a toll as we have seen the last few weeks. Just have to take any win however we get it.

Kittle is mightedly missed both in the passing and run game. I mean Jimmy still threw for 400 yards without him, but still not the same and he's needed on 3rd down plays. Such a monster run blocker and that can't go unnoticed here. We will need him in the upcoming stretch we have coming up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

A divisional win is not going to come easy in this division.

Honestly going forward it feels like the Rams will be the easiest team to beat in this division, we have had a better time with them and the Cards have been playing us hard.  It just sucks that we have two greased midgets in our division that we have to try to stop.

• Like 1