• Amari Cooper
    • DeAndre Hopkins
    • TY Hilton
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Keenan Allen
    • Michael Thomas
    • Mike Evans
    • Another player that wasn't listed

Wait, now here come Numbnuts Dip**** and Dip**** McRetard to tell me about my "meltdown" or whtaever, LOL> Hopefully they know by now I've blocked them and won't see their verbal diarrhea but whatevs, they ain't too bright as we all know. ******* losers.

Edited by Destructo Spin
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

Wait, now here come Numbnuts Dip**** and Dip**** McRetard to tell me about my "meltdown" or whtaever, LOL> Hopefully they know by now I've blocked them and won't see their verbal diarrhea but whatevs, they ain't too bright as we all know. ******* losers.

Just pathetic. 

Now they clutch their pearls like some tarted-up halfwit debutante in a bad Jane Austen book (all Jane Austen books are bad, but YMMV) wailing and moaning to their ****head polo-playing douchebag boyfriend who's only real interest in being there is because he wants to **** her sister. "Fan me, Gregory! I just can't stand all this bellicosity, I think I may have the vapors!"

******* nitwits

Edited by Destructo Spin

8 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

Now they clutch their pearls like some tarted-up halfwit debutante in a bad Jane Austen book (all Jane Austen books are bad, but YMMV) wailing and moaning to their ****head polo-playing douchebag boyfriend who's only real interest in being there is because he wants to **** her sister. "Fan me, Gregory! I just can't stand all this bellicosity, I think I may have the vapors!"

******* nitwits

In before the ban....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

At his current pace of 117.5 catches per year, Mike Thomas will break Jerry Rice's all-time record for career NFL catches early in his 13th season. Took Rice 21 years to catch that many passes. Thomas will do it in less than 2/3rds the amount of time.

That's just unprecedented greatness, is what that is.

This doesn’t make sense. Pace =/= better.

There have been other WRs that have had a faster pace than Jerry Rice only to see Father Time catch up with them and they no longer have the ability to ball at as a high level.

There also takes some luck with durability for both Thomas AND also other factors such as how long Sean Payton decides to continue coaching will likely also play a role in how likely it is for Thomas to “have a shot” at Jerry Rice’s record.

Whats more WR production fluctuates. We’ve seen guys have far superior WR seasons over what Thomas put forth this year. He had a lot of catches, but supporting a house with excessive nails isn’t necessary if less nails can lead to a bigger house with an equally strong support.

Lastly, while Thomas has the yardage pace in his favor after this season, he’s still not even close to the Jerry Rice TD pace. He’s not even on the a level with Terrell Owens or Randy Moss. He also needs SB wins to his credit.

I’d expect that he will get better as he moves into his age 28-29 seasons, but beyond that he will have to be putting up crazy numbers on the opposite side of his prime... many WRs haven’t been able to continue that trend. Ultimately I think Thomas will finish with a great career, but in the Larry Fitzgerald mold and not in the GOAT conversation mold.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

There also takes some luck with durability for both Thomas AND also other factors such as how long Sean Payton decides to continue coaching will likely also play a role in how likely it is for Thomas to “have a shot” at Jerry Rice’s record.

Not to mention Brees' impending retirement. There is no way he maintains this pace.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

At his current pace of 117.5 catches per year, Mike Thomas will break Jerry Rice's all-time record for career NFL catches early in his 13th season. Took Rice 21 years to catch that many passes. Thomas will do it in less than 2/3rds the amount of time.

The challenge is always longevity. It's why Emmitt Smith is the all-time leading rusher. He's definitely not the best...and heck, I'm even an Emmitt fan. Jerry Rice was a combination of a super-ELITE talent (very good argument for the highest peak), along with unprecedented longevity. Thomas is on pace to put up better stats over his career, but the likelihood of Thomas playing even into his mid-30's at his current level is really low. He's one of the most physical receivers in NFL history...the guy catches a ton of passes over the middle of the field, and gets hit on the majority of them. Rice did a little more deep routes and sideline work that helped protect his body a bit. 

I do think that what CGM is doing is unprecedented. You simply cannot ignore his production. His production says that he is one of the great WRs the game has ever seen. But the likelihood of him approaching the statosphere of Rice is pretty unlikely. I do think that he has a good chance of being considered a top 5 WR of all-time though. He's just so far ahead of the game, and what's crazy is that he has gotten noticeably better each season. I'm not even convinced that we have seen his peak.

Also...please edit your prior posts. I like reading your posts and I don't want to see you get banned.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Not to mention Brees' impending retirement. There is no way he maintains this pace.

I'd tend to agree with this from a pace perspective but if you shuffle his game log this year it's not completely obvious which games had Bridgewater. I think he can produce at this level with any competent QB and Payton. 

Edited by LeotheLion

13 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

Mike Thomas blocking 40 yards downfield for Taysom Hill, decleating DBs. Dude's a ******* boss. Most catches and most yards of any player in the first four years of his career in NFL history. More than Rice, more than Moss, more than Carter or Julio or Nuk. More than ANYBODY. And he's still tearing *** downfield to block for his teammate. That's a ******* man right there. He's on track to be the best WR in NFL history. What more can you say?

Yes. He's unreal.

13 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

Yes. He's unreal.