Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

13 hours ago, N4L said:

Have you watched the texans defense? I wrote about it a few pages back. Their defense is extremely underrated. They will match the steelers physicality on that side of the ball. DeMeco is one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL right now. 

Stroud will be the better QB on the field. Pickett is terrible. Canada is terrible. The steelers WRs outside of pickens are bad. They have no run game. Its baaaad on that side of the ball. 

The texans are extremely well coached. 

I get what you are saying. I havent paid attention to the Texans defense but I did hear someone talk about their suspect run defense. Now Im not in love with the Steelers running backs but maybe they can do a little something. I definitely dont love the Texans OL right now being so banged up going against Watt and that Steelers defensive front. So yes Im not saying no way the Texans can win but I just think the Steelers will win. I wish it wasnt -3 bc Id feel alot better at -2.5 but I do like the Steelers. As well as Stroud has been playing he eventually will a bad game. This could be the game where he struggles, get sacked alot, and throw a pick or two. 

For anyone who does D/ST props, Aaron Donald is +130 to get O.25 sacks on DK. So not even a full sack. All he need is a half a sack and you get plus money. I feel like that’s disrespectful to him and easy money going up against a rookie QB who is coming off a concussion. The Colts might not want to run him that much or he might be hesitant to run a lot in this game. I can see Donald easily getting a sack.

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, adamq said:

@N4L @Broncofan @everyone what do you think about Kittle this week? He won't be needed as a blocker vs Arizona and it looks like Deebo may not go. His number is 41.5 on DK, 50+ +125, 75+ is +39

Edit- scratch that, looks like deebo probably will play

And Aiyuk is back.   So many mouths to feed.   Only time I can trust him is when 1 of the 2 big WR aren’t playing. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Derrick Henry O68.5yds RUSH. Im still not convinced the Bengals run defense is good. The Rams didnt even try to run. the only path for the Titans in this game is for Henry to be King Henry. Unless this game is a blow out where the Titans are down big early they should be able to stay on script and run the ball just like they did in Week 1 in a close game against the Saints where Henry had 63yds rushing against a more stout Saints run defense in a tough Superdome environment. 

Good write-up here. Obviously I agree (playing this as well). 

I like the Puka rationale as well. 

3 hours ago, adamq said:

@N4L @Broncofan @everyone what do you think about Kittle this week? He won't be needed as a blocker vs Arizona and it looks like Deebo may not go. His number is 41.5 on DK, 50+ +125, 75+ is +39

Edit- scratch that, looks like deebo probably will play

I love Kittle this week. He just crushes the Cardinals. Whether you take his Receiving or ATTD, I think it's a good play. I wouldn't bank on Receptions, but I think he could hit the other two categories with as few as 2 receptions against this defense. 

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I get what you are saying. I havent paid attention to the Texans defense but I did hear someone talk about their suspect run defense. Now Im not in love with the Steelers running backs but maybe they can do a little something. I definitely dont love the Texans OL right now being so banged up going against Watt and that Steelers defensive front. So yes Im not saying no way the Texans can win but I just think the Steelers will win. I wish it wasnt -3 bc Id feel alot better at -2.5 but I do like the Steelers. As well as Stroud has been playing he eventually will a bad game. This could be the game where he struggles, get sacked alot, and throw a pick or two. 

I see where you're coming from. That said, I think you're betting on the worse team on the road. Demeco has this Texans team playing very good football. Don't get me wrong, Watt against this banged up front is scary, but I have to believe Houston is prepared to game plan against that with quick hitters. The Texans WRs are miles better than the Steelers DBs, so they should be able to win. 

If it was Steelers +3, I could see playing that, but it feels like Vegas has the wrong team favored imo. 

16 hours ago, N4L said:

Might I suggest the under to you, good sir. If you are worried that the HOU OL sinks the offense, then the under should be the move. The texans defense is being slept on, it is going to be very good. 

I did a 7pt teaser HOU +10 and the under. Love that one. 

Don't hate it, but it's not my favorite Under to play this week (or one of them). Just a game with too much potential variance imo. Indoor game, Steelers offense is due for positive regression, & the Texans offense has been humming. Don't get me wrong, gun to head, I'd play the Under rather than the Over, but it's just generally a line I'm avoiding. 

Games like BAL/CLE & CIN/TEN seem to have much more appealing Unders imo. 

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Good write-up here. Obviously I agree (playing this as well). 

I like the Puka rationale as well. 

I disagree. We’ve shut Henry down in two consecutive games and have been one of the better run stopping defenses the past few seasons. Uncharacteristically, we struggled versus CLE and BAL. But their run game is far more threatening than what TEN tables at the moment. I think we eat their OL.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I disagree. We’ve shut Henry down in two consecutive games and have been one of the better run stopping defenses the past few seasons. Uncharacteristically, we struggled versus CLE and BAL. But their run game is far more threatening than what TEN tables at the moment. I think we eat their OL.

Believe me, I totally get the rationale to fade the play. If nothing else I probably should've had this as a 2 star play rather than a 3. 

As I've said, I'm leaning hard into narrative & positive regression despite recent historical evidence to the contrary. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

@Broncofan what's the ruling on jokobi Myers in at 43.5 but Jimmy G isnt starting?

Jimmy is out. I took the Raiders to be the low scorers for the week even though it's against LAC. Either going to be Hoyer or a 4th round rookie who did look solid in preseason. It's likely a donation at +2700 but worth .01u

I wouldn't touch an O Raider receiving prop this weekend but that's just me. 

Edited by BobbyPhil1781