Madden 20 Franchise - PATCH FIXED IT - WE'RE BACK!

MKnight82

I’ll also throw this out there.

QB Witman wants a $108 mil extension, which has a year 1 cap hit of $25.2 mil.  He’s currently 90 OVR but has for some reason never thrown more than 3,700 yards in a season. 

I’ll add that this look like a very weak QB draft class. 

Do you guys think I should extend him?  I was thinking about just franchise tagging him for a year and seeing what next years draft class looks like.  

I also have DT Tripp, LT Luther, and ROLB Baptiste pending FAs and will need expensive extensions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’ll also throw this out there.

QB Witman wants a $108 mil extension, which has a year 1 cap hit of $25.2 mil.  He’s currently 90 OVR but has for some reason never thrown more than 3,700 yards in a season. 

I’ll add that this look like a very weak QB draft class. 

Do you guys think I should extend him?  I was thinking about just franchise tagging him for a year and seeing what next years draft class looks like.  

I also have DT Tripp, LT Luther, and ROLB Baptiste pending FAs and will need expensive extensions.

$108 million on a 4 year deal it sounds like? That's a good deal for you. And you have your QB, no reason to roll the dice IMO. It'd be realistic for you to extend him frankly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

$108 million on a 4 year deal it sounds like? That's a good deal for you. And you have your QB, no reason to roll the dice IMO. It'd be realistic for you to extend him frankly.

But he’s consistently 25th or worst in the league in passing yards, has made the playoffs once, no playoffs wins.  I feel like it’s more realistic the team would just move on. I could always tag and trade him too.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

But he’s consistently 25th or worst in the league in passing yards, has made the playoffs once, no playoffs wins.  I feel like it’s more realistic the team would just move on. I could always tag and trade him too.

Eh, then tag him for the year and see what happens next season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danger said:
1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Eh, then tag him for the year and see what happens next season.

I think tagging him is fair. If there is a good rookie next year you take him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

That's what I'd recommend.

You'd have to hit on a QB 100%. Or stick with the sure thing, which is a guy who seems to throw a lot of TDs with very few INTs in your run first offense.

• Like 1