Madden 20 Franchise - PATCH FIXED IT - WE'RE BACK!

MKnight82

2024 NFL DRAFT

I expect this to be a really good draft class.  I feels deep and talented.  The board will be longer because of that, also because I'm picking later in the first.  

Top Prospects Available
# on Board Projection Postion Name Height Weight Age Scout 1 Scout 2 Scout 3 40 Vert Broad 3cone Shuttle Bench
2 Mid 1st QB Garrett Sanders 6'4" 232 21 A TP A TAS A TAM 8th 11th 16th 11th 10th 8th
3 Early 1st LE Shawn Baker 6'0" 247 22 B+ TAK A- FM B+ AWR 4th 3rd 1st 1st 1st 4th
4 Early 1st DT Kahlil Benedict 6'3" 313 22 A PUR B+ PR B+ TAK 6th 2nd 8th 8th 14th 2nd
5 Early 1st WR Grayson Huston 6'2" 190 22 B+ RLS B+ DR B+ CTH 16th 1st 2ne 1st 1st 25th
6 Mid 1st WR John Marion 5'9" 175 21 A- DR B+ CTH B+ CIT 17th 2nd 20th 3rd 3rd 19th
7 Early 1st CB Karl Carrethers 6'2" 189 21 B+ MC B AWR C+ PRS 1st 2nd 1st 13th 15th 5th
8 Early 1st DT Thaddeus Turner 6'5" 310 21 A- PUR B+ BS B TAK 12th 3rd 1st 7th 7th 1st
11 Early 1st TE Oliver Northrup 6'4" 258 24 A- CIT B+ CTH B- SR 1st 1st 4th 1st 1st 1st
12 Early 1st DT Shaq Williams 6'7" 298 22 B+ BS B+ TAK B HP 4th 1st 2nd 3rd 5th 3rd
15 Late 1st ROLB Eddie Wilkerson 6'2" 268 21 B+ HP B+ BS B AWR 7th 2nd 4th 2nd 2nd 1st
18 Early 1st CB Ross Devine 5'9" 209 22 B+ AWR B ZC B- MC 9th 8th 18th 2nd 2nd 1st
19 Early 1st RT Joey Hutchinson 6'6" 326 22 A- RB A- RBP A- PBP 10th 20th 26th 7th 9th 2nd
24 Late 1st RE Jahlil Howard 6'3" 255 22 A- FM B+ TAK B PUR 1st 15th 15th 2nd 2nd 20th

That is 13 pretty incredible prospects.  I don't pick until 24, so I'll monitor how these guys are falling an gauge whether a trade up is necessary.  I expect Shawn Baker to be the best player in this class.  I would really like to see RT Joey Hutchinson drop pretty far so I can trade up just a few picks for him.  I really like DT Shaq Williams too.  

Let's get started.  

The #1 pick to the Dolpins is QB Kendall Carmichael (73), I thought the other top QB was better.  #2 is DT Benedict, he's 77 OVR.  #4 is LE Baker to the Saints, I think he might be the best player in the class.  CB Carrethers goes #4 to the Eagles.  DT Turner is $5 to the Steelers.

Honestly I think the 2nd round is too strong in this class to give up any of those picks, and that's what I think it will take to move up.  So I'm going to stay put at 24 and wait to see what comes to me.  Time to sim to 24.  

Ouch.  Literally everyone on that big board is gone but WR John Marion, and I don't consider WR a 1st round need after spending multiple picks there recently.  But the good news is the 2nd round is pretty strong with prospects and I can just take one of those guys here.

My top guy is probably RT Burch, he's only 21 and had a great combine, mid-1st grade.  There are several talented WRs available.  Then there's SS Glover, who's 21 years old which I like.  He had a top notch combine for a Safety.  I'm not sure where he would play though.  He's only 200 Lbs.  He could probably play snaps as a backup SS, OLB, and slot CB.  Probably not worth a first round pick I'll wait to the 2nd on him.  Then there is a MONSTER MLB, who's listed as a 3rd round pick, but I doubt he gets there.  His scouting is as a Late 1st talent and he's A- ability across the board.  He also skipped the combine which I think means he has a higher chance of Hidden Dev.  I have pick 33, I'll probably wait to take him there.  

I think its pretty obvious that I have a big need and RT Burch is the best pick here.  

With the 24th Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals Select:

RT Chance Burch, Oregon

Agile (76), Pass Protector (72), Power (71) 

JK6IO0V.jpg

- Hidden dev!  The fact that he's Agile means that he'll be athletic as hell.  I pump up his Power rating and he's going to end up a monster.  He's listed as the 10th best player in the class.  

Simming to 33 now.  

Both of those WRs I liked are gone.  That Safety and MLB are both still available.  I really like both and think I'm going to trade up to ensure I get them.  

Well the Lions at 34 won't accept any reasonable trade offer.  So I'll probably have to take one here and hope the other falls a few picks.  The Linebacker is just such a need he has to be the pick here.  

With the 33rd Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals Select:

MLB Azaveus Covington, Michigan State

Run Stopper (73), Field General (72), Pass Coverage (66) 

20MCWAd.jpg

- Hidden dev!  I mean the guys name is Azaveus Covington, you knew he was good.  He's definitely raw, but a big time athlete and hidden dev.  Oh and he's 6'5" 242 lbs.  Yeah he's gonna be good.  

I'm going to sim a few picks, see if that Safety drops and try trading up.  Crap he went off the board with the 6th pick in the 2nd, 75 OVR.  I guess I'll just sim to my pick at this point.  

Backup QB is kind of a big need for me at this point.  There's only 1 other draft-able QB in this class and he's a 3rd round prospect.  I think I have to take him here. 

With the 50th Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals Select:

QB Darin Silas, Kentucky

Scrambler (66), Field General (64), Strong Arm (64), Improvisor (61) 

XFylZiG.jpg

- This was a need pick, I had to get a decent back QB on a cheap rookie contract. He's never going to be anything special but he will fill a roster need.  Great pick?  eh.  

Ok I have a 3rd second round pick in a few picks.  

I could really use some secondary depth and there's a CB on the board that had a really good combine.  I need another CB so lets pull the trigger.  

With the 56th Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals Select:

CB Garrison Betts, Arizona State

Man (72), Slot (72), Zone (70) 

P85xM2s.jpg

- Only normal dev, but he's not bad depth.  He's a solid all around player, and he has good athleticism.    

Advancing to the 3rd.  

I'm going to take another talented Olineman here. 

With the 88th Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals Select:

RT Roman Sullivan, Vanderbilt

Agile (72), Pass Protector (70), Power (69) 

idMl1MF.jpg

- normal dev but he's a good player.  Will be good depth.  21 years old, great size at 6'8" 323 lb.  

4th round time.  

With the 110th Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals Select:

RB Damarious Jones, Maine

Elusive Back (56), Receiving Back (39), Power (29) 

cxMcTS3.jpg

- I think this is the worst draft pick I've ever made in Madden.  His freaking Power rating is 29...   He had a good combine, and he is fast.  He just can't play football apparently.  He's getting cut.  

With the 120th Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals Select:

WR Immanuel Hart, UCF

Deep Threat (66), Slot (65), Physical (61), Route Runner (59) 

vDBRCnv.jpg

- he has decent athleticism.  PS bound.  

With the 133rd Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals Select:

ROLB Garrison Charles, Washington State

Pass Rusher (60), Run Stopper (50), Pass Coverage (48), Power Rusher (47) 

nOYmUBb.jpg

- Had a decent combine, thought he might make decent linebacker depth.  He might get cut.  

Not a lot let on my draft board.  

5th round pick - traded to Broncos for 2025 4th 

5th round pick - traded to Bears for 2025 4th 

With the 180th Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals Select:

RG Scott Hackett, Memphis

Pass Protector (65), Power (64), Agile (62) 

Z70vY9F.jpg

- Developmental Olineman.  

6th Round Pick - traded for Vikings 2025 5th round pick 

6th Round Pick - traded for Titans 2025 5th Round pick

7th Round Pick - traded for Falcons 2025 6th Round pick 

and thus ends another draft.  Didn't really go as I thought it would at the beginning but I think I saved and recovered this draft.  

Edited by MKnight82

POST 2024 DRAFT RECAP

These are the top 10 player in the class:

#1 - RT Joey Hutchinson - Drafted 16 by the Jets - 80 OVR - Star Dev

#2 - LE Shawn Baker - Drafted 3 by the Saints - 78 OVR - Star Dev (wow, was for sure he was X)

#3 - DT Thaddeus Turner - Drafted 5 by the Steelers - 78 OVR - Star Dev

#4 - TE Oliver Northrup - Drafted 7 by the Panthers - 78 OVR - Normal Dev 

#5 - DT Kahlil Benedict - Drafted 2 by the Lions - 77 OVR - Star Dev

#6 - CB Karl Carrethers - Drafted 4 by the Eagles - 77 OVR - Superstar Dev (he's stupid fast too)

#7 - CB Ross Devine - Drafted 15 by the Ravens - 77 OVR - Star Dev

#8 - RT Chance Burch - Drafted 24 by the Bengals - 76 OVR - ???? its a mystery 

#9 - WR Grayson Huston - Drafted 23 by the Bears - 76 OVR - Superstar X Factor (holy crap he's a monster, he was taken ONE FREAKING PICK BEFORE ME AND ON MY BIG BOARD)

#10 - DT Shaq Williams - Drafted 9 by the Giants - 76 OVR - Star Dev

Also the two early QBs.  

QB K Carmichael - Drafted #1 by the Dolphins - 73 OVR - Superstar X Factor (holy crap)

QB G Sanders - Drafted #13 by the Bulls - 75 OVR - Superstar X Factor (double holy crap)

If QB Sanders had fallen to 24 I was taking him.   

Year 6 Roster
Offense Skill Players
QB OVR Age HB OVR Age FB OVR Age WR OVR Age TE OVR Age
J Witman 88 25 F McBride 80 23 J McCauley 89 26 D Slayton 81 27 S Beachum 85 23
D Silas 66 22 B Love 79 26       J McKee 81 23 D Sample 78 28
T Burnham 65 26 R Fitzgerald 65 25       A Tate 80 27 D Starr 78 23
      D Jones 56 22       D Bartell 78 23 K Warner 71 26
                  T Lunsford 74 22 D Barton 63 23
                  L Glenn 72 24      
                  E Crick 67 22      

Offensive Lineman
LT OVR Age LG OVR Age C OVR Age RG OVR Age RT OVR Age
T Luther 89 24 J Williams 87 26 B Price 80 29 C Yarborough 80 26 C Burch 76 21
R Sullivan 72 21       J Anthony 73 25 D Clark 76 26 T Russell 75 25
J Trout 69 23             S Hackett 65 22      

Defensive Players
LE OVR Age DT OVR Age RE OVR Age LOLB OVR Age ROLB OVR Age
M Davenport 83 27 D Tripp 94 25 L Toone 85 23 G Pratt 81 28 J Baptiste 80 25
L Boatwright 74 25 A Billings 78 29 V Dawson 78 24 J McGee 76 26 I Windsor 71 27
      A Brown 75 28 D Armstrong 76 27 L Landry 71 23 L Seymour 70 25
      K Lockhart 66 22 G Charles 61 22            

Defensive Players      
MLB OVR Age CB OVR Age FS OVR Age SS OVR Age      
A Covington 73 21 R Cash 84 25 J Bates III 90 27 H Berry 85 25      
K Torrence 69 25 G Stroman 80 28 J Jeffrey 62 23 T Snee 74 25      
T Harvin 66 23 V Hargreaves 80 29                  
F Cleary 65 24 K Crossen 77 28                  
      G Betts 72 21                  
      D Gilbert 66 25                  

Special Teams                  
K OVR Age P OVR Age                  
J Slye 82 28 M Haack 82 30                  

So not a lot of new starters. Rookie RT Burch will obviously start at RT.  Nothing else has really changed with the offense. 

On defense, we lost DE Lawson.  Dawson (1 letter off can he be that much worse?) will take his starting roll at LE.  Davenport will still fill the role of backup DE and #2 pass rushing DT.  New rookie Covington will man the starting MLB spot.  

CUTS - FINAL 53 ROSTER - YEAR 6

I have to cut 14 players, if they have PS eligibility left they will head there.  

QB Taylor Burnham (66) - CUT - he's not very good.

HB Damarious Jones (560 - CUT - bad pick 

WR Immanuel Hart (66) - PS - want to develop him.  

WR Eric Crick (68) - CUT - I have better talent.  

TE Donnell Barton (63) - CUT - inferior talent.  

LT Jacoby Trout (70) - PS - He's 100x getting stolen from my PS.

RG Scott Hackett (65) - PS - He might get stolen off my PS.  

RE Garrison Charles (61) - PS - Lets see how he progresses.  

DT Kazeem Lockhart (66) - PS - continue to develop.  

MLB Frank Cleary (65) - CUT - better options 

MLB Tre Harvin (66) - CUT - also better options 

ROLB Irvin Windsor (71) - CUT - surpassed by better depth  

ROLB Luke Seymour (70) - CUT - He was the last cut  I made 

CB Darveon Gilbert (67) - CUT - no PS eligibility left  

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

9 - WR Grayson Huston - Drafted 23 by the Bears - 76 OVR - Superstar X Factor (holy crap he's a monster, he was taken ONE FREAKING PICK BEFORE ME AND ON MY BIG BOARD)

Bears got a superstar TE in the last draft or the one before it and then an X factor WR. Nice

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

POST 2024 DRAFT RECAP

These are the top 10 player in the class:

#1 - RT Joey Hutchinson - Drafted 16 by the Jets - 80 OVR - Star Dev

#8 - RT Chance Burch - Drafted 24 by the Bengals - 76 OVR - ???? its a mystery 

#9 - WR Grayson Huston - Drafted 23 by the Bears - 76 OVR - Superstar X Factor (holy crap he's a monster, he was taken ONE FREAKING PICK BEFORE ME AND ON MY BIG BOARD)

QB K Carmichael - Drafted #1 by the Dolphins - 73 OVR - Superstar X Factor (holy crap)

QB G Sanders - Drafted #13 by the Bulls - 75 OVR - Superstar X Factor (double holy crap)

If QB Sanders had fallen to 24 I was taking him.   

Yeah from what I saw on your board, I expected the top two players to be Joey Hutchinson and QB Sanders. Also, you got a plethora of picks, if you see a guy you like falling close to you pull the trigger and move up for him.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah from what I saw on your board, I expected the top two players to be Joey Hutchinson and QB Sanders. Also, you got a plethora of picks, if you see a guy you like falling close to you pull the trigger and move up for him.

It’s no fun if i get the best player in every draft.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s no fun if i get the best player in every draft.

That’s my problem with franchises. Getting the best possible roster and then being unable to improve it so it gets stale. That’s kinda why ncaa was fun, cause you only get a good player for 4 years tops

• Like 1

I’d also like to say that I knew this was a deep draft, so I didn’t want to move any of the 2nds which is what it would have taken to move up.  I also still landed a hidden dev RT at 24.  In the back of my mind too was the fact that a contract for the 24th pick is a lot cheaper than a top 10 pick, and cap space is starting to get tight.