Offseason Work to do

mwalker

There is no one they can draft in the 2nd round that can help them win this year.  Wr will take 6-9 games to get acclimated if they do at all.  RB will not help much if the line can't block.  Start building a team now, in the trenches.  If they have money they can sign FA for the Now player.

The players that need to step up are D. Johnson, Washington and Bush.  If Ben does not come back to even 2015 Ben then it does not matter.

Edited by jebrick

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

There is no one they can draft in the 2nd round that can help them win this year.  Wr will take 6-9 games to get acclimated if they do at all.  RB will not help much if the line can't block.  Start building a team now, in the trenches.  If they have money they can sign FA for the Now player.

The players that need to step up are D. Johnson, Washington and Bush.  If Ben does not come back to even 2015 Ben then it does not matter.

I agree to an extent but even a 2nd round OL pick probably doesn’t start this year unless Foster and Finley are gone and no vet FA is brought in.

A 2nd round RB probably sees 10-15 touches a game in combo with Conner.

I know a high RB pick isn’t the best value or long term investment but for the 2020 season, unless sometime weird happens in FA, is probably the best bet for immediate impact.

BTW I know the OL needs addressed but maybe the team feels it was mosylu because of the QB play...just throwing it out they’re as a possibility.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan

Assuming McDonald is signed and Dupree is tagged/signed, the only positions open to a Rookie "Starting" is ILB (or Safety hybrid) and NT. That is also assuming Hargrave and Baron are gone. Another possibility is OG if Foster is let go but I'm not holding my breath. RBs and WRs could get some time on the field too but wouldn't "start" unless an injury occurs. So in short, if we're trying to figure who would have the most impact as a Rookie I'd say it would either be an ILB or a RB. 

The reality is, if they're gonna tag Dupree, they are gonna have to cut Foster, Barron, chickillo at a minimum and I dont see how they make signing Vance via his option possible unless a new CBA Is done.

If we have a new CBA theyll stupidly restructure Ben and Tuitts contract to clear space, neither of which should be restructured.

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

If we have a new CBA theyll stupidly restructure Ben and Tuitts contract to clear space, neither of which should be restructured.

How is saving nearly $16M in a cap strapped year stupid?

10 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

How is saving nearly $16M in a cap strapped year stupid?

Continuing to push back Ben's money is stupid and with Tuitt not being able to stay healthy, there needs to be a point of exit in case that doesnt change. 

Edited by wwhickok

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Continuing to push back Ben's money is stupid and with Tuitt not being able to stay healthy, there needs to be a point of exit in case that doesnt change. 

That’ll happen after Ben leaves.

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Unless there is a major, known concern with Ben's arm -- he is seeing the life of his contract. So he is an easy restructure candidate. Baring his arm not coming back the way it should he WILL see the end of his contract. There is only 1 more year of Ben after 2020....Its really not a big deal with Ben.

Tuitt, I can understand the thought process, but he has 2 more years to spread the cash out on and he is super unlikely to ever get cut. Tuitt averaging 2-3 missed games a year isnt enough to make him expendable vs. his talent. The injuries are a concern, but he isnt missing 10+ games a year. 

The Exit strategy for these two guys is the end of their contracts.