Offseason Work to do

mwalker

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know it's kind of a Madden move, but I'd like to see them explore the possibility of a tag and trade. We've got to figure out how to get some talent at the TE spot and I think keeping Bud really hurts that ability. 

Keeping Bud is more important than upgrading McDonald. I’m not a fan of splitting up the Dupree/Watt duo after the season they/our defense just had.

Tag Dupree take a tight end in the 2nd or 3rd makes more sense. Trading Dupree creates a massive hole that we aren’t prepared to fill.

2 hours ago, mwalker said:

They're tagging Bud.
One thing I'd debate is the comment that Uche isn't explosive.
That's actually his best quality in my opinion.
It won't matter as Bud franchised means no OLBs, but just saying.

Not as explosive as those above where the words I used.  Meaning he is not as explosive as Okwara, Chaisson or Young.  I am not willing to concede that point :ph34r:

And if Chaisson fell anywhere near the Steelers they should trade up and run over Tomlin's mother on the way to the podium.

Edited by jebrick

On 3/3/2020 at 11:54 AM, jebrick said:

Not as explosive as those above where the words I used.  Meaning he is not as explosive as Okwara, Chaisson or Young.  I am not willing to concede that point :ph34r:

And if Chaisson fell anywhere near the Steelers they should trade up and run over Tomlin's mother on the way to the podium.

Ha. No need to concede. Fair point.
I really like Uche though. Not as much as Young or Chaisson, but more than Okwara.
Chaisson won't fall.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mwalker said:

Ha. No need to concede. Fair point.
I really like Uche though. Not as much as Young or Chaisson, but more than Okwara.
Chaisson won't fall.

Uche has been my guy all along.  I'm not convinced he's the best position pick @49 but he's my favorite of the Edge guys that are presumed to be there. 

On 3/2/2020 at 3:47 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

I know it's kind of a Madden move, but I'd like to see them explore the possibility of a tag and trade. We've got to figure out how to get some talent at the TE spot and I think keeping Bud really hurts that ability. 

Even if we didnt keep Bud, do you really think this team would go out and grab anything notably better than Vance in free agency?  At best, we would probably make a lateral move that would stay healthier, but doubtful we would get a notable upgrade either way.

Not a fan of how TEs are used in this offense anyway...but that may also be because of the lack of talent.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Even if we didnt keep Bud, do you really think this team would go out and grab anything notably better than Vance in free agency?  At best, we would probably make a lateral move that would stay healthier, but doubtful we would get a notable upgrade either way.

Not a fan of how TEs are used in this offense anyway...but that may also be because of the lack of talent.

I doubt they'd get anyone better. I'm just not sure we can afford Bud and Vance. That's what worries me. Vannet - Gentry - CSW is a vomit inducing position group. 

• Like 1

If you apply the franchise tag to someone, don’t you have to have the cap room to do it???

I thought you did but I could be wrong.

If that’s the case, I’m expecting to start hearing about roster cuts.

Bored at work today...this is what I got

49: R2P17

C CESAR RUIZ
MICHIGAN
102: R3P38

RB CAM AKERS
FSU
121: R4P18

TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM
MISSOURI
132: R4P29

LB WILLIE GAY JR.
MISSISSIPPI STATE
198: R6P19

OT COLTON MCKIVITZ
WEST VIRGINIA
232: R7P18

P MICHAEL TURK
ARIZONA STATE
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

If you apply the franchise tag to someone, don’t you have to have the cap room to do it???

I thought you did but I could be wrong.

If that’s the case, I’m expecting to start hearing about roster cuts.

they can't.  They are praying the CBA gets done ASAP.  Then a lot of things will happen at once and they will have the room.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

Bored at work today...this is what I got

49: R2P17

C CESAR RUIZ
MICHIGAN
102: R3P38

RB CAM AKERS
FSU
121: R4P18

TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM
MISSOURI
132: R4P29

LB WILLIE GAY JR.
MISSISSIPPI STATE
198: R6P19

OT COLTON MCKIVITZ
WEST VIRGINIA
232: R7P18

P MICHAEL TURK
ARIZONA STATE

Sign me up for that ALL DAY

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Do people believe we are going to draft a center early?  Pouncey kinda sucks, but the front office loves him.  I just dont see it.

If the Steelers are looking ahead ( which they normally do) and they lose Finney ( real possibility) then they need a back-up center and OG.  Ruiz, Cushenberry, Muti and Biadasz all could do that.  Ruiz and Cush becasue they are kind of raw and Muti and Biadasz becasue they did it in college.

Then they have Pouncey's replacement as his contract expires and they can play as backup OG/OC for a year.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, jebrick said:

If the Steelers are looking ahead ( which they normally do) and they lose Finney ( real possibility) then they need a back-up center and OG.  Ruiz, Cushenberry, Muti and Biadasz all could do that.  Ruiz and Cush becasue they are kind of raw and Muti and Biadasz becasue they did it in college.

Then they have Pouncey's replacement as his contract expires and they can play as backup OG/OC for a year.

My question is, do you believe they wont resign Pouncey for another 2 years or so?   Not so sure.  

I get looking to the future, but they also have to try winning NOW.