Offseason Work to do

mwalker

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He is a really good ST player BUT he is also actually a much better Run Blocker imo than Roosevelt Nix.

I loved Rosie’s toughness. I think he was a true tone setter. I do think his run blocking was kind of overrated. Watt looks like he might not have quite the power in his game as Rosie, but he looks considerably more athletic.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I loved Rosie’s toughness. I think he was a true tone setter. I do think his run blocking was kind of overrated. Watt looks like he might not have quite the power in his game as Rosie, but he looks considerably more athletic.

I think mostly Watt wins on blocks with that athleticism and better leverage. 

If we had a better OC I wouldn’t mind going light on TE, keeping Nix, and getting creative with Watt and Nix as FB/HB and use more Banner/Chucks at a third TE. 

But, sadly, we have Randy Fichtner. So, just cut Rosie and make it quick and painless. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Updated team needs rankings:

1. LG (starter)

2. NT (starter)

3. ILB (depth)

4. Edge (depth)

5. TE/WR (depth)

You’re forgetting S depth...I’d rate it pretty high on a needs list.

Theyll bring in a vet FA to fill one of these spots...possibly 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Updated team needs rankings:

1. LG (starter)

2. NT (starter)

3. ILB (depth)

4. Edge (depth)

5. TE/WR (depth)

I'll nitpick a little....If Banner was signed to play RT and Feiler moves to LG those 2 positions are solid with OG needing only depth. That of course assumes Banner (or Chuks) are ready to be the full time RT.  I would then push ILB up to need #1B.  Again, assuming they are looking for a "Baron" type to "start".  It's getting interesting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I'll nitpick a little....If Banner was signed to play RT and Feiler moves to LG those 2 positions are solid with OG needing only depth. That of course assumes Banner (or Chuks) are ready to be the full time RT.  I would then push ILB up to need #1B.  Again, assuming they are looking for a "Baron" type to "start".  It's getting interesting. 

I just don’t know how I feel about sliding Feiler to guard. Of course that is an option but using our top pick on starting left guard creates a much better scenario with more continuity. If Cushenberry or Ruiz are there I think we have to take them.