The "If Gamestop was open I'd buy Madden right now" Post-Game Commiseration Extravaganza with lots of cursing at Aaron Idiot Rodgers who Screwed us from the very beginning and kept on screwing us because he can't ever throw an interception God forbid he

MacReady

46 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I suspect that the notion that the team will quickly rebound following Rodgers exit through trade or retirement is flawed.

Fwiw, that's not my view. But I think we're just as likely to be a long term contender as a long term dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I've followed a crappy college team my entire life. Sometimes you have a good team, sometimes you don't.  Nobody is better than any other fan because of that. There's nothing to say they still wouldn't follow them as closely if they lived through that era. It's just stupid GET OF MY LAWN YOU DAMN WHIPPERSNAPPERS bullcrap. Plain and simple.

Maybe that's not what you meant, maybe. But 95% of the time that's what it is. 

Edit: I also suspect many of these people who bring this up don't follow the team as closely as they portray during those years either.

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

As you grow older whippersnapper, you'll figure it out.  I have no reason to rub anything in anybody's face.  That's a you problem ... not a me problem.  Also, you think to much what other people may think or portray.  Stick to the Packers and what's wrong with them. 

Certainly looks like you thought you knew who was a young poster

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

SO you have no idea who has seen what in the GB packer fandom. 

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

nope. have a good one.

Just now, Norm said:

Fwiw, that's not my view. But I think we're just as likely to be a long term contender as a long term dumpster fire.

Sure, but neither is as likely as being a good team that some years misses the playoffs and some years has some degree of success in the playoffs without being a true super bowl contender. 

Which may be what we are now.

Fans might actually be a bit happier because the expectation would be lower, and it would be easier to live up to or exceed the expectation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Sure, but neither is as likely as being a good team that some years misses the playoffs and some years has some degree of success in the playoffs without being a true super bowl contender. 

Which may be what we are now.

Fans might actually be a bit happier because the expectation would be lower, and it would be easier to live up to or exceed the expectation.

Totally fair. And I would argue that's what we are now anyways. Good point on the expectations. They might have been a tad high this year then a good record at half way added to that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Why is this a big deal?

They couldn't of at least switched up the formation? We took a timeout and didnt do anything different. Albeit they dont know if we are gonna run or throw but you gotta mix it up there if you call a timeout before going for it on 4th down. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

They couldn't of at least switched up the formation? We took a timeout and didnt do anything different. Albeit they dont know if we are gonna run or throw but you gotta mix it up there if you call a timeout before going for it on 4th down. 

Edit, check my edit on my first reply, I misunderstood at first.

Sure. I get it. But one of Matt's big crazy insane awesome mind blowing things to ask the fans was how he could run DIFFERENT PLAYS OUT OF ONE FORMATION. It was so insane and crazy! Lol 

Don't think the formation being the same really mattered when you look at what was called. They knew it was coming and there wasn't anything to throw that off and that's when they ran being Light right?

Every team changes formation after TO though, as far as I usually ever remember. But that wasn't what tipped it, imo.

Edited by Norm

26 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Oof

Oddly enough, they did make a personnel change at the time out.

Jamal Williams was the back before the time out.  Aaron Jones was the back after.

Dusty needs to look at the game film before posting.

Edit- they also changed up the receiver package flipping Adams outside, and substituting one of the guys- but I can't see the numbers well enough to know what that substitution was.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

Why is this a big deal?

Edit, I thought they said it was the same formation as 3rd down. I still kinda don't care though.

This one drove me nuts because we were only down 10 and not really moving the ball. Take the damned three point attempt and get to a 1 score game. Didn't like the idea of going  for this one against a defense that was handing us our lunch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Space?  I'd say there's 20+ years from the seventies, early 80s of ineptitude before Farve and Rodgers came to GB.  Obviously this was before your time but there are many of us who suffered  through those dreadful years.  Younger Packer fans are truly spoiled not having to deal with those times before they came to town.

Yes, space. Im not talking time, I'm talking talent. We could go from Rodgers to a Dak, to a Wentz, even to a Stafford. The power structure is so much different than the "dreadful years". Just because we'll be losing a HoF QB doesnt mean we'll go destitute.

• Like 1

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Yes, space. Im not talking time, I'm talking talent. We could go from Rodgers to a Dak, to a Wentz, even to a Stafford. The power structure is so much different than the "dreadful years". Just because we'll be losing a HoF QB doesnt mean we'll go destitute.

Then again, it doesn't mean we wont as it could be like the Vikings, Chicago, Giants, Denver, Tampa Bay, Miami and so on.  My point was one just never knows.    Death and taxes are the only things constant.  All I'm saying is enjoy what we have as one never knows what's coming down the road.

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This one drove me nuts because we were only down 10 and not really moving the ball. Take the damned three point attempt and get to a 1 score game. Didn't like the idea of going  for this one against a defense that was handing us our lunch. 

Yeah I wanted to go for it the last time we got stuffed. But this one, I wasn't with it. But I also expected us to throw it or something. Not just hey run out at the teeth of their defense. 

17 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Oddly enough, they did make a personnel change at the time out.

Jamal Williams was the back before the time out.  Aaron Jones was the back after.

Dusty needs to look at the game film before posting.

Edit- they also changed up the receiver package flipping Adams outside, and substituting one of the guys- but I can't see the numbers well enough to know what that substitution was.

He addressed all this and 1000th other things in replies, fwiw