Steeler Hitman

2019-steelers-vs-browns.jpg

Who: Steelers 6-5 host Browns 5-6  When: Sunday, December 1, 2019 @  1 pm

Where: Heinz Field Pittsburgh, PA    Series Record: Steelers 75-59-1

Last Meeting: The Browns physically beat the Steelers up 21-7 in Cleveland

1573796345_Browns-Steelers-brawl-at-end-

Offense:

1180066779.jpg.0.jpg

1. Need some plays to be made at QB.  For that reason, I think Coach T will start Devin Duck Hodges at QB.  He offers a little more mobility than Mason and will chuck the ball downfield. Being a third string QB, he really doesn't have a lot of pressure to have to succeed.  This could be an opportunity for him to take over the starting QB position (for now).

v22eaglS_400x400.jpg

2. Rushing attack will be needed as well. Snell, Samuels, Whyte and Edmunds will have to tote the football by committee.  The key will be not to put Hodges in predictable/obvious passing situations.  The rushing attack can help.  BJ Finney doesn't get the credit he deserves in the ground attack. The Steelers seem to consistently run the ball better with him at C or G.

3. Spread the ball around on offense. This team still has offensive weapons that are not utilized consistently enough. TE's Vance and Nick are an underutilized part of the offense.  The WR's can get open, but the play calling has to be less predictable.  Ju, Ju, Dionte, Washington, Cain and Holton are all capable of making plays. Get the ball to them and let them run after the catch as well.

4. OL you gotta be tough here. You got your butts kicked last game.  The Browns DL put pressure on the QB and shut down the run. Despite no Pouncey, you still have to make a statement. It is all about imposing your will to move a man where he doesn't want to go! OL 101.

5. Positive plays on first down.  This is a game that you can't fall behind in down in distance.  You have to run or pass efficiently on first down and NO PENALTIES.  The motion penalties, illegal hands to the face, holding, etc. all put the Steelers offense in unfavorable down in distance situations. Our offense is just not that good to overcome those thing consistently.

6. It would really be nice and set a tone to go up 7-0 on the offensive drive of the game. Help the defense by letting them play with a lead. 

Defense:

steelersvikings3.jpg?cb=1505747716

1. The Steelers got some early pressure on Baker, but he escaped and made plays for the Browns. Watt and Bud need to hit him and shake him up.  This is a huge key to slowing the Browns passing attack.

2.  Bush is the Steelers most complete ILB. He can cover and he can stop the run. This is a game that his potential for big plays (Forced fumble or INT) are needed.  Bush will also need to help slow down the Browns rushing attack. Nick Chubb is having a great year, so we need to e able to slow down the rush and cover the TE slipping out over the middle.

3abf1a81-d218-48ed-9813-6e65dd215214-AP_

3. Play complimentary football.  The offense, defense and special teams need to work together and compliment one another. If the defense gets a three and out, the return team needs to have a decent return and then the offense needs to put up a touchdown. This has been lacking for most of the year.

4. Do the little things right.  On the first series a long pass to Kareem Hunt set the tone and turned into seven points.  Later a missed swat at a ball ended up being a clinching TD reception. Play hard for all 60 minutes and minimize mistakes.  The Browns did not beat the Steelers defense up, but they took advantage of some missed opportunities that the defense failed to make that extended drives or resulted in points.

11372163_web1_AP_18308734692098.jpg

5. Terrell Edmunds and Mark Barron both need to step their games up.  Barron did get robbed on sack/safety last game, but was also the culprit of some other missed opportunities against the Browns.  Edmunds is a freakish athlete who needs to simply believe in himself and make plays. He looks the part, but the Steelers need him to play the part.

Predictions: Cleveland is playing like the team that many predicted they would early in the season. The Browns but and humbled the Steelers offense, controlled and won the game.  The Steelers have a third string QB starting. It all looks horrible for Steelers Nation.  But this is a pride game for Pittsburgh.  I think they come out pounding and swinging (not literally) after the beat down of last game. Defense is again king in Pittsburgh. Steelers win a hard fought game 16 - 12.

Beauties: "Thighs high, to the sky! I wanna grip your hips and move!" - - Tom Browne

fashion-tips-for-a-voluptuous-body.jpg

6f220d1cfb7e890328eb16a6f0724fcd.jpg

cf75206aeb36aaa9c9d5b7db31b6b414.jpg

Edited by Steeler Hitman

It's obvious something was said to the browns by coach Freddie Bathrooms letting his team know they have been beaten up physically and mentally

the last 20 years by the Steelers. They came out head hunting trying to send a message. Hopefully the Steelers come ready to play. Hoping for bad weather

because I have no faith in our offense whatsoever. Play in the slop and pull out a 10-7 win.In normal conditions Browns will score 20 to 27 pts I cant see us

putting up more than 14. Can we sign James Harrison for one day.........

I have a bad feeling about this game. The Browns are getting super hot right now and even if our defense plays lights out, I don't know if our offense can keep up. Although not having Garrett taking AV to school all day will help. 

I think Duck helps us due to his ability to extend plays, something that Mason Rudolph simply could not do. 

Agree OP about Finney being better, but once pouncey returns, then Finney will be back on the sidelines. He is better than foster and pouncey.

no Garrett in this game, it could help but the browns played well enough last weekend without him. I know  it was the dolphins, but still it might be the deciding factor

18 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Agree OP about Finney being better, but once pouncey returns, then Finney will be back on the sidelines.

I wouldn't say Finney was better than Pouncey on any given Sunday.  He does seem to do a good job of "run blocking." However, I think it is a stretch and exaggeration to say he is better than Pouncey.

He is better than foster and pouncey.

The leadership and other things that Pouncey and Foster bring to the OL are evident. I remember the years when Pouncey got hurt and how the OL struggled.  I think BJ is a better run/drive blocker than Foster, but that is it.

No Garrett in this game, it could help but the Browns played well enough last weekend without him. I know it was the Dolphins, but still it might be the deciding factor

I think that the past two of three meetings Garrett has gotten the better of Big Al and made plays in all three meetings. I think the deciding factor will be our defense forcing some mistakes/turnovers and our offense being able to sore TD's.  If the Steelers play complementary football, they should win at home.

4 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Finney is better than Pouncey now?

Jesus people...

xD:D I take that you definitely disagree. :D

I don't usually post here but as a Browns fan I did want to say it is utterly ridiculous that the NFL gave Decastro a fine for the incident in the last game. He did the absolute right thing and gets punished for it and I have no idea why.

As much as I disliked Rudolph not being ejected or Ogunjobi being ejected and suspended for a push, Decastro's fine is the absolute worst decision the NFL made in the whole mess. Baffling.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't usually post here but as a Browns fan I did want to say it is utterly ridiculous that the NFL gave Decastro a fine for the incident in the last game. He did the absolute right thing and gets punished for it and I have no idea why.

As much as I disliked Rudolph not being ejected or Ogunjobi being ejected and suspended for a push, Decastro's fine is the absolute worst decision the NFL made in the whole mess. Baffling.

I didn’t even know Decastro was fined, that’s absolutely absurd. I don’t really care about fines for the most part but that’s about the dumbest thing. I would assume he’d win that appeal. 

I don’t think Ogunjobi should have been suspended, I think getting ejected was eh but definitely not a suspension on top of that. Also of the opinion they shouldn’t have reduced Pouncey’s. Rudolph I don’t think did anything to warrant anymore than what he got. His involvement was pretty standard for an NFL scuffle.

All I want is a clean game. No injuries and no dumb after the whistle crap. I expect the refs to have a light trigger on their flags, they don’t want anything to get out of hand.