WEEK IDK - TURKEY DAY - COWBOYS V. BILLS

D82

@Thaiphoon @Dan_Bali

"Jerry is a great owner/terrible GM"

A statement that Cowboys fans have repeated hundreds of times over the past 30 years. But think about the last ~5-6 years.

Jerry doesnt run the draft anymore. Will McClay does. 

Jerry doesnt do the contracts anymore. Stephen Jones does. 

Jerry doesnt negotiate trades anymore. That is the trio of our HC/McClay/Stephen for both Cooper and Quinn. Hell, when we got Cooper, it was rumored that Jerry wasnt even in the USA.

Jerry does run the business and marketing side. And he is incredible at it. #1 in the NFL, by far. 

Jerry does pick the coach. This is his big failure according to many.

Weve been a top 5 drafting and player development team for many years now. Jerrys blame is our coaching staff, but outside of that, our front office team of McClay and Steven Jones has been A+++

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dan_Bali said:

You say Jerry is good as an owner but sucks as a GM.

I would argue the reason he is a toxic owner is because he has made himself the GM, and not just a regular GM, one that cant stay off the airwaves for a day.

I would argue that your opinion on everything Cowboy related is repeated ESPN drivel and online comments. That you have no working knowledge of our team. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

@Thaiphoon @Dan_Bali

"Jerry is a great owner/terrible GM"

A statement that Cowboys fans have repeated hundreds of times over the past 30 years. But think about the last ~5-6 years.

Jerry doesnt run the draft anymore. Will McClay does. 

Jerry doesnt do the contracts anymore. Stephen Jones does. 

Jerry doesnt negotiate trades anymore. That is the trio of our HC/McClay/Stephen for both Cooper and Quinn. Hell, when we got Cooper, it was rumored that Jerry wasnt even in the USA.

Jerry does run the business and marketing side. And he is incredible at it. #1 in the NFL, by far. 

Jerry does pick the coach. This is his big failure according to many.

Weve been a top 5 drafting and player development team for many years now. Jerrys blame is our coaching staff, but outside of that, our front office team of McClay and Steven Jones has been A+++

Yup. I know he's handed off most, if not all, those duties. Which is why I pointed out the drafts that he wasnt involved in over the last few years. He wanted to take you in a different direction that wouldve hamstrung you quite a bit.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dan_Bali said:

You say Jerry is good as an owner but sucks as a GM.

I would argue the reason he is a toxic owner is because he has made himself the GM, and not just a regular GM, one that cant stay off the airwaves for a day.

He hasnt been the GM, for some time. He was terrible at it. Not a small wonder the team turned around once they locked him out of the room (so to speak)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I know he's handed off most, if not all, those duties. Which is why I pointed out the drafts that he wasnt involved in over the last few years. He wanted to take you in a different direction that wouldve hamstrung you quite a bit.

Absolutely correct. In 2002 (IIRC), Jerry had a huge man crush on Quincy Carter. He literally, and I mean literally, cleared the draft room and took him in the second round.

Fast forward to 2014. Jerry really wants Manziel. McClay (and Stephen Jones) point out that the highest rated dude is Zack Martin. We took Martin. 

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Imagine being a division leading team, that has lost to 3 (saints, vikes, pats) of the best teams in the NFL by like 8 total points, and thinking "the season is lost". 

Weve been blown out ONE game. And even in that game, it was flukey as hell on 2 of the INTs. 

Have none of you ever seen a playoff underdog win some games/the superbowl?

LOL. You think we making the playoffs now?