Week 13 GDT - Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

I didn’t like the clock management at the end of the first. And I didn’t like going from shotgun on 4th and 1, but okay with it being a pass, just thought the threat of the run needed to be there. 

I hate to say it but the “experience” from this game was important and will make this team better. I think they figured out the way to play a running QB, just didn’t figure that out til the second half. 

I honestly think we win out and finish 14-2 and the #1 seed. I feel even better about the Seattle game after doing a good job of holding Baltimore’s offense. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Have to close games out, and get the ball back to your O in the end. 

We didn't. 

The D showed that they are very good. No one can break this goofy cheese Baltimore O yet, is all. Whatever... moving along to real teams, for the now. 

We held that O in check lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Huge shout out to the offensive line too. Great job in this one, and again, very impressed with brunskill

Yeah, the Ravens pass rush is obviously nothing special but they held up very well and were beasts in the run game. Thought Celek was the clear weak link and cost us a few times. Aside from that, the OL/TEs were really good. 

Much bigger test coming up against NO though. That pass rush is just filthy. 

Did the Ravens not blitz as much today or they did but we just ran it so much more that it wasn't as obvious? 

All this game continued to spotlight, for me, was that we are a legit balanced team that can beat anyone at any time. 

This particular game was just a crap-show in a crap-land with a crap-result. Big whoop. 

Just want a healthy roster moving ahead. Seeding can kiss my arse.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I didn’t like the clock management at the end of the first. And I didn’t like going from shotgun on 4th and 1, but okay with it being a pass, just thought the threat of the run needed to be there. 

I hate to say it but the “experience” from this game was important and will make this team better. I think they figured out the way to play a running QB, just didn’t figure that out til the second half. 

I honestly think we win out and finish 14-2 and the #1 seed. I feel even better about the Seattle game after doing a good job of holding Baltimore’s offense. 

Yeah, if there is something to get upset at the 4th and 1 pass, it was not having a running threat on that play. That was my complaint, not about passing but because of that. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You tell me if they are the same thing to you? 

Define elite to me? Tell me a defense that has played the Ravens better during their win streak and give me your expectations from our defense in this game? 

They clearly aren't the same thing. Elite means top of the line. If the Ravens don't lose another game all year and SF held them to the fewest number of yards and points, then MAYBE you could argue that they were elite today. Either way, doesn't really manner, being as we lost.

My expectations for the game are irrelevant. If you told me that we were going to have an ELITE defensive performance today, then I would have expected that we won the game. I certainly wouldn't have expected our defensive ends and linebackers to chase the running back almost every single time Jackson kept the ball.

Ask Shanahan or Saleh if our defense was "ELITE" today and I guarantee they say no. You don't think Saleh is going to have many things to correct in the film room this week?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

They clearly aren't the same thing. Elite means top of the line. If the Ravens don't lose another game all year and SF held them to the fewest number of yards and points, then MAYBE you could argue that they were elite today. Either way, doesn't really manner, being as we lost.

My expectations for the game are irrelevant. If you told me that we were going to have an ELITE defensive performance today, then I would have expected that we won the game. I certainly wouldn't have expected our defensive ends and linebackers to chase the running back almost every single time Jackson kept the ball.

Ask Shanahan or Saleh if our defense was "ELITE" today and I guarantee they say no. You don't think Saleh is going to have many things to correct in the film room this week?

So you can only have elite performances in wins? If you lose 3-0, that disqualifies the unit from being elite?

We can agree to disagree, but I'm not taking back by usage of "elite" in this scenario. 

Headline on ESPN “Lamar runs through Niners D”. 

Come on. He had a lot of yards on the ground but their offense did not have a good day. I think a realistic headline would be something like “Ravens survive Niners D” or “Lamar does just enough to power past Niners”.....  

He has been crowned 

Just now, straighthate said:

Headline on ESPN “Lamar runs through Niners D”. 

Come on. He had a lot of yards on the ground but their offense did not have a good day. I think a realistic headline would be something like “Ravens survive Niners D” or “Lamar does just enough to power past Niners”.....  

He has been crowned 

He ran for 101 yds on 16 carries. 

So yeah.. he ran through our "elite" defense... sad to say. 

Man, what a game....

Sucks to lose....really does. Especially because I feel Kyle's coaching cost us the game but I think we showed the rest of the league there isn't a task too daunting for this group. I had major reservations heading into this game but man, our D did their thang in important moments. That whole group is just a bunch of ******* ballers. Tartt goes down, no problem. Harris comes in, steps up and creates a huge turnover. If Fred Warner is not a Pro Bowler or gets some All-Pro love, there's going to be a problem. Every level of the defense had their moments today and really stepped up and corralled the most difficult offense to prepare for in the league.

Ultimately though, I thought Shanny made some questionable coaching decisions today. I thought he went ultra conservative to end the 1st half once we got past midfield. That was a opportunity to put points on the board and he screwed it up by being worried about their offense and bleeding the clock.

Then those 4th down calls....I just don't understand the thought-process there. We got bailed out on the first one with the PI call but why are we not running on 4th and 1 when were averaging almost 7 yards a carry?? Did not like the calls on those plays. Especially not even a hint of play-action or anything to make the defense stop and guess a bit.

But there's no doubt in my mind now, THIS is a Super Bowl caliber team. Regardless of what happens the rest of the year. If we can stay relatively healthy, I don't see ANYONE in the NFC that can stop us besides ourselves. Doesn't mean we're not capable of taking a loss but from top to bottom, we're the most complete team in the conference. And anytime we have to go against traditional pocket passers, this defense will eat...ALL game. I feel sorry for Brees next week He's going to feel it in a major way. Especially if we get Ford back. Tough loss but we're built for this...onward and upward.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2