Michael Thomas and the reception record

Elky

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Odds are they will for seeding purposes. Things are closely bunched right now

Agreed. If they beat San Fransisco and the 49ers lose another game, which is super possible with their upcoming stretch they might just sit out week 17 if they have the #1 spot locked up. If he plays all 4 games I think he gets it.

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Agreed. If they beat San Fransisco and the 49ers lose another game, which is super possible with their upcoming stretch they might just sit out week 17 if they have the #1 spot locked up. If he plays all 4 games I think he gets it.

Also, then you have to worry about Seattle, who could threaten for the top spot. 

Basically if NO wins the next 3 games, Seattle loses one, Minn loses one, SF loses another one besides the NO game, and GB loses one

NO still loses the tiebreaker and is the 3rd seed if they are in a 3 way tie with SF/Min, SF/GB, or Seattle/GB due to conf record.

Edited by Malfatron

Just now, Malfatron said:

Also, then you have to worry about Seattle, who could threaten for the top spot. 

Basically if NO wins the next 3 games, Seattle loses one, Minn loses one, SF loses one, and GB loses one

NO still loses the tiebreaker and is the 3rd seed if they are in a 3 way tie with SF/Min, SF/GB, or Seattle/GB due to conf record.

They have wins over San Fran and Seattle. They have the #1 seed if they win out.

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

They have wins over San Fran and Seattle. They have the #1 seed if they win out.

If they win out, yes. However, if they win their last three game, but lose the last one due to resting players, they will get the 3 seed if in a 3way tie at 13-3. The head to head doesnt apply until you beat both teams that you are tied with

Edited by Malfatron

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

I think if they play their natural gameplan, an average of 7 catches per game seems right.

I think if they are specifically trying to get him the record they will

If it's close, they're gonna force it for sure.

Even if it's not close, we have no other receiver worth throwing to, so he has a good shot as long as he can stay healthy.