Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

30 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I definitely agree with us not relying on Deebo so much from the backfield. I could see someone like Miami who is familiar with Mostert overpaying, but that is just a feeling, so I have nothing to back that up with. I also still have faith in Sermon, which I know isn't common in these parts. Mitchell is not going to be the threat Mostert is as far as breaking of 80 yard house calls, but he's plenty explosive imo; he broke off a pretty crazy amount of 10+ yard carries this year, like top 10 in the NFL with far less carries than the other backs if I remember correctly.

I'm not opposed to bringing Mostert back as long as it doesn't prevent us from filling other needs. If you are right and it's a cheap re-sign, then I'm all for it. 

The other option I would look into is potentially bringing Breida back. Not sure what that relationship is like though. Definitely would be cheap. But we have to have a guy that can bring a 60 yard house call at any given point and I don't think sermon or mitchell are that guy. Honestly, I have no idea what we are doing with Sermon at this point. The thing that I thought he would be good at is the thing that I didn't know that Mitchell would be good at...now they almost seem to overlap, which is not what I expected. I assume that Sermon just steps into the Jeff Wilson role as the primary back up who fills in when Mitchell gets hurt throughout the season? Weird sort of situation there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The other option I would look into is potentially bringing Breida back. Not sure what that relationship is like though. Definitely would be cheap. But we have to have a guy that can bring a 60 yard house call at any given point and I don't think sermon or mitchell are that guy. Honestly, I have no idea what we are doing with Sermon at this point. The thing that I thought he would be good at is the thing that I didn't know that Mitchell would be good at...now they almost seem to overlap, which is not what I expected. I assume that Sermon just steps into the Jeff Wilson role as the primary back up who fills in when Mitchell gets hurt throughout the season? Weird sort of situation there. 

Brieda's got juice, that's for sure. I'm hoping that Sermon can gain the trust in our coaching staff to be our 3rd down back. From all of the college stuff of his I watched, he definitely seems like he could be a good option catching the ball out of the backfield, he's just got to prove to the staff that he's not going to get Trey killed. Sermon isn't going to blow the doors off of anyone, but he's got outstanding balance and good vision. If nothing else, I'd like to see him get an opportunity at this point. Injuries obviously didn't help him this year, but I'm really hoping he can work on whatever it was the staff didn't trust him with this off-season and hit the ground running next year. I think a 1-2 punch of Mitchell & Sermon could be deadly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I mentioned this as well. I think this makes a lot of sense. McDaniels gets a guy to try help install his culture while Mostert gets a decent contract in his age 30 season, likely his last chance at a multi-year deal imo.  

I hope not personally. Not that he's a bad player, but I think we can go cheaper at RB with Mitchell and Sermon on our roster. I know how you feel about Sermon, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him play a much bigger role next season. Mostert is going into his age 30 season and probably won't get another shot at a solid multi-year contract imo. Miami has a ton of room and can easily absorb a slight overpay to jump start their program.  

I think the plan was to let him walk after this season. A guy like Marathe has these things budgeted for. I think the plan was to let Laken and Mostert walk all along. Sure, they keep some leeway for changes of plans, but if the plan was to let Mostert walk, and on top of that, he's returning from a serious injury, what I thought was a more than 80% chance of re-signing him at some point this year, is probably just a 10% chance in reality. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I thought about it this year, and I'm not opposed. Matt has to be aware that he's at his best in Kyle's offense. 

• Like 1

Just now, rudyZ said:

I think the plan was to let him walk after this season. A guy like Marathe has these things budgeted for. I think the plan was to let Laken and Mostert walk all along. Sure, they keep some leeway for changes of plans, but if the plan was to let Mostert walk, and on top of that, he's returning from a serious injury, what I thought was a more than 80% chance of re-signing him at some point this year, is probably just a 10% chance in reality. 

I'm with you. I think that's why we invested in RB last year. I think the thought was that Sermon would be the guy carrying the load, but either way we know we've got at least one capable back that can carry the load until he gets hurt, much like Mostert lol. 

Cooper kupp joins Bobby Wagner, Dak, Zeke, Derek Carr, Todd Gurley, Carson Wentz, Carson Palmer, Demarco freaking Murray, and Tony Romo as guys who have more MVP votes in their careers than Russell Wilson since Russ has been in the league

On 2/9/2022 at 1:54 PM, rudyZ said:

I do not think they let Laken walk, with so many unknowns on the o-line going into next year, Laken will be their focus before Free agency. They have enough problems, why let a solution get away

Laken over DJ Jones

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, P_locniners said:

I do not think they let Laken walk, with so many unknowns on the o-line going into next year, Laken will be their focus before Free agency. They have enough problems, why let a solution get away

Laken over DJ Jones

Love both but for me I can't give Jones a big contract knowing this was the first time in his career, it was injury free....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why? It really shouldn't. One more spot opens up which cancels Wentz being on the market and he's not going to have that big of a market tbh. 

Wentz is a pretty comparable target to Jimmy, so I don't see the Colts making that type of lateral move. I'm not sure why they would, at least. So i don't think it opens up another landing spot and it puts a comparable level QB to Jimmy on the market. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wentz is a pretty comparable target to Jimmy, so I don't see the Colts making that type of lateral move. I'm not sure why they would, at least. So i don't think it opens up another landing spot and it puts a comparable level QB to Jimmy on the market. 

You're looking too much into this. Jimmy's market in unlikely to change. And Colts having a vacancy just means they put themselves in the sweepstakes for someone like Wilson or Watson or even Rodgers. 

Players don't think too highly of Wentz. Was listening to Darius Butler speak on it and he was like he would take Jimmy over Wentz 7 days a week and someone other player....May have been Betha co-signed with him. 

The Steelers just seem like the perfect fit for Jimmy, especially if they are interested in Willis. No way is Willis ready to play in year one so they can sit him for a year or two with Jimmy as their starter and then hand over the reigns to Willis. WFT is also a solid fit for Jimmy. if Wentz ends up going to one of those teams, then yeah, him being available hurt Jimmy's market. If not? Then it's pretty meh for me.