Week 14: VIKINGS (8-4) vs. Lions (3-8-1)

swede700

5 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Yeah, a few of us were discussing whether he was brought up primarily for his ability as a WR or for his special teams ability. I was optimistic that it was for what he has been showing as a WR in practice. I think that still remains to be seen but that he got some action playing WR this week is somewhat encouraging. It would be more encouraging if he did something more noticeably positive while in the game on offense.

For now, I am going to stay optimistic and remain excited that he may have passed up Dillon Mitchell at the WR. position It is always encouraging when a player passes someone on the depth chart.

But yeah, it is still possible that it was just a special team move. Cutting against that is the fact that I didn't see him playing special teams (I don't know how many snaps he got on offense or special teams).

I think we should've kept Zylstra, who caught a pass for Carolina this week.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I know I say it a lot being at the games. But it felt 42-0 at the game. It was complete control. I’ve seen it both ways. This game was dominance.

Detroit shut it down after Prater missed the FG and we scored the TD before half. 

it was a boring game to be at, but at no point did it seem like the Vikings weren’t in control. 

• Like 2

The Vikings totaled five sacks of Blough and five passes defended, which is an impressive combination in a game. Perhaps even better was the fact that Minnesota’s defense forced five three-and-punts on 12 Lions possessions.

There also was a three-play harmless possession at the end of the first half and a two-play drive that was halted in its tracks by Harrison Smith’s 22nd career interception.

https://www.vikings.com/news/stats-that-stood-out-vikings-lions-week-14

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 12:43 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I think we should've kept Zylstra, who caught a pass for Carolina this week.

Can just bring in his brother, Shane, who is dominating at Mankato.

Passed Adam Thielen up for receptions this year (212 to 198), but has 4000 yards (Thielen had 2802), and 50 touchdowns (Thielen had 20)

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

Can just bring in his brother, Shane, who is dominating at Mankato.

Passed Adam Thielen up for receptions this year (212 to 198), but has 4000 yards (Thielen had 2802), and 50 touchdowns (Thielen had 20)

Well I mean his brother Shane is a better WR.

Also Shane barely plays the 4th quarter because they blow out half their teams.