Jump to content
Brit Pack

An Early Look at 2020 Free Agency

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

Wanted to through this out there.   I believe @Packerraymond noted this DL FA group is pretty solid.   Would be interested in getting some thoughts on these players.

 

Jordan Phillips  -- BUF has a lot of cap space, so I think they will make a pretty sizable push to retain him.  

Michael Brockers-- former 1st round pick, 29 years old.    LAR with ~$24M in cap space.  Might be a little older than desired.  

Jarren Reed -- SEA has a lot of cap space, thinking they will push to retain him

Maliek Collins -- DAL has a lot of cap space ~$85M, but also has some big ticket FA (Dak, Cooper, Byron Jones)

Vernon Butler -- former 1st round pick.  CAR has ~$31M in cap space for 2020.  Might be an option (also have Gerald McCoy and Daryl Williams at DL as FA)

DJ Reader -- HOU has a lot of cap space to be able to retain him

Javon Hargrave -- PIT has ~$2M in cap space

David Onyemata -- NO has ~$5M in cap space, might be an option

Roy Roberston-Harris -- RFA, CHI has ~$10M in cap space.  Might be an option

 

7 hours ago, Joe said:

Agreed. I would try to mess with Chicago again on trying to get them to match an offer for RRH like they did with Fuller. I think he's got the brightest future of that Chicago front-7 TBH. I'd love to get Jarran Reed as well.

Gute should do what he did last year....get a person that's only 25 or 26 with upside.  That's Vernon Butler or Roy Roberston-Harris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know which thread I’m in but I saw FA DL talk and the beat/most realistic option there is Derek Wolfe.  He’s my #1 guy this offseason.  Super Bowl experience, went on IR (less expensive that way), and he’d be just what Dean Lowry thinks he is when he drinks too much vodka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t know which thread I’m in but I saw FA DL talk and the beat/most realistic option there is Derek Wolfe.  He’s my #1 guy this offseason.  Super Bowl experience, went on IR (less expensive that way), and he’d be just what Dean Lowry thinks he is when he drinks too much vodka.

Like the guy but not sure what injury put him on IR.  Will he be ready to go next year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we go and get one guy, I want Amari Cooper! I hope Jones brings Garrett back because I don't think anybody will re-sign if he does. Cooper is going to be expensive, but I've resigned myself to the reality, we need another dynamic playmaker on offense for Rodgers. Cooper, Davante, A. Jones would be fun. Lazard seems to be finding his niche too. Now can we get Tonyan or Sternberger to step up and give us a receiving TE threat? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If we go and get one guy, I want Amari Cooper! I hope Jones brings Garrett back because I don't think anybody will re-sign if he does. Cooper is going to be expensive, but I've resigned myself to the reality, we need another dynamic playmaker on offense for Rodgers. Cooper, Davante, A. Jones would be fun. Lazard seems to be finding his niche too. Now can we get Tonyan or Sternberger to step up and give us a receiving TE threat? 

Seeing Cooper taking himself out for 4th down with the season on the line without an injury was enough for me to never want to pay that man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golfman said:

If we go and get one guy, I want Amari Cooper! I hope Jones brings Garrett back because I don't think anybody will re-sign if he does. Cooper is going to be expensive, but I've resigned myself to the reality, we need another dynamic playmaker on offense for Rodgers. Cooper, Davante, A. Jones would be fun. Lazard seems to be finding his niche too. Now can we get Tonyan or Sternberger to step up and give us a receiving TE threat? 

You need to drop Amari Cooper, man.  He was literally benched for poor play in a 4th down playoff-deciding game. 

His stat line is literally 3 games of 200 yards, 5 games of 70-80 yards and 8 games of under 40 yards.  Now imagine what those numbers will look like once he gets paid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Outpost31 said:

You need to drop Amari Cooper, man.  He was literally benched for poor play in a 4th down playoff-deciding game. 

His stat line is literally 3 games of 200 yards, 5 games of 70-80 yards and 8 games of under 40 yards.  Now imagine what those numbers will look like once he gets paid. 

He wasn't benched, he tapped himself out. The same thing people here have destroyed Clay Matthews for the 2014 NFCCG only we don't know if Clay was actually hurt. Cooper was fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

You need to drop Amari Cooper, man.  He was literally benched for poor play in a 4th down playoff-deciding game. 

His stat line is literally 3 games of 200 yards, 5 games of 70-80 yards and 8 games of under 40 yards.  Now imagine what those numbers will look like once he gets paid. 

No he wasn't! He was pulled as a 'normal' part of their rotation. When they asked Jason Garrett about it he threw his OC under the bus for it. He's put up 1200 yards with 12 TDs on 79 catches. With Prescott throwing the ball and all that dysfunction going on in Dallas. 

I am not giving that up, sorry! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golfman said:

He's put up 1200 yards with 12 TDs on 79 catches. With Prescott throwing the ball and all that dysfunction going on in Dallas.

Lol.  Randall Cobb had a career high in yards per reception and had 828 yards receiving with Prescott throwing him the ball.  The last time Cobb had 800 yards receiving was in 2015.  Prescott is better than Rodgers.  Prescott threw 1.2 yards more per attempt than Rodgers.  And had 900 more yards passing. 

Don't act like Dak Prescott is some sort of handicap.  RODGERS is a handicap for receivers.  Rodgers just had his lowest yards per attempt since 2015.  His lowest passer rating, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Randall Cobb had a career high in yards per reception and had 828 yards receiving with Prescott throwing him the ball.  The last time Cobb had 800 yards receiving was in 2015.  Prescott is better than Rodgers.  Prescott threw 1.2 yards more per attempt than Rodgers.  And had 900 more yards passing. 

Don't act like Dak Prescott is some sort of handicap.  RODGERS is a handicap for receivers.  Rodgers just had his lowest yards per attempt since 2015.  His lowest passer rating, too. 

Rodgers had a bad year, but he had a lack of talent too. Prescott is going to get a major contract, I'm happy for him! It will be the demise of the next HC. 

Cooper with Adams next to him would be dynamite. Rodgers sucks so bad Adams had nearly 1000 yards while missing 4+ games with turf toe. 

BTW, as 'bad' as Rodgers was, and we all agree he had a terrible year by his standards, we're 13-3. How can that be with a ****ty QB? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Randall Cobb had a career high in yards per reception and had 828 yards receiving with Prescott throwing him the ball.  The last time Cobb had 800 yards receiving was in 2015.  Prescott is better than Rodgers.  Prescott threw 1.2 yards more per attempt than Rodgers.  And had 900 more yards passing. 

Don't act like Dak Prescott is some sort of handicap.  RODGERS is a handicap for receivers.  Rodgers just had his lowest yards per attempt since 2015.  His lowest passer rating, too. 

You're really bragging that Prescott threw him 800 yards and 3 TDs?

Even if you look at Cobbs final years in GB Rodgers barely played with him, 6 games in 17', 9 in 18' when Cobb was hurt half the year. Before that 16' we had Comeback Jordy/Breakout Adams racking up the numbers. Cobb even put up great numbers in that playoff run.  This really isn't a impressive feat. Rodgers has SUCKED this year, but Rodgers never held back Cobb like you're insinuating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol at the notion that Dak is better than Rodgers

You can laugh all you want, but it’s true.  Rodgers knows more, is smarter, is less prone to turnovers yada yada yada, but Dak Prescott on this team right now would make for a better offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

You're really bragging that Prescott threw him 800 yards and 3 TDs?

Even if you look at Cobbs final years in GB Rodgers barely played with him, 6 games in 17', 9 in 18' when Cobb was hurt half the year. Before that 16' we had Comeback Jordy/Breakout Adams racking up the numbers. Cobb even put up great numbers in that playoff run.  This really isn't a impressive feat. Rodgers has SUCKED this year, but Rodgers never held back Cobb like you're insinuating. 

Yes Rodgers 100% held Cobb back.  If you think a QB who won’t throw crossing routes or over the middle is good for Cobb you’re dumb.  Cobb in New England instead of Green Bay is a Hall if Fame receiver.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×