The Night Santa Went Crazy Mafia - Town and Dome wins!!

Pickle Rick

The mind of @SwAg as the game progressed 

On 12/7/2019 at 8:47 AM, SwAg said:

KOTN and Josh are scum.  Their interaction with each other was cringe.  Josh is acting exactly the same as last game; there is no distress, curiosity, or misplaced paranoia that others will kill him.

But if I go after them, I’m going to have an uproar about how I’m picking on weak players and exploiting threadplay.  So, I have to wait til tomorrow to put a fake guilty on one of them.  At least I know I’ll live that long with the protect. 😂

And if I’m wrong, then at least we’ll have some good laughs!

On 12/8/2019 at 11:11 AM, SwAg said:

Still think KOTN/Josh are connected and scum based on D1, and bcb seems connected to KOTN.  So, I'll add bcb to that list, but I don't have the thread capital to pursue it more than I already have since it will be poor optics.

I believe Counselor over bcb in terms of being Town right now.  I don't see Counselor or scum botching an out like that with Counselor.  Meanwhile, I think it's legit possibility that scum would have a role cop, which would explain the mission result.  Throw in that I voted KOTN as soon as bcb voted for matts, saying he was going to follow me.  Then he conveniently stays on matts, off the main lynch lines.

The one issue is the Vote Count.  KOTN and Naz cross-voted, and Naz flipped Mafia.  But, I could chalk that up to inexperience, especially with what Naz said in-thread.  But, several stayed off the two main lynch lines, including bcb and Josh.  Squire and Matts also look particularly bad for that, but I'm willing to think they're just both *******.

I'm sure I'll be crucified for defending Naz, but I simply like Naz, so whatever.

Right now I'm leaning toward the person redirecting me being clueless Town (NS or similar).  I've been trying to convey we should lynch KOTN based upon the redirector interpreting my posts, which seemingly is not happening.  So, I might have to make up an investigation instead of relying upon inference, but Dome is a complete retard and will say I'm just bussing weak teammates.  Scum could have done it, but that would require (1) KOTN being Town, or (2) basically killing themselves if I was Watched (seems unlikely, at this point). 

Suppose we'll know more soon!

On 12/8/2019 at 10:37 PM, SwAg said:

Also, lmao, if Josh is scum is scum too.

On 12/9/2019 at 9:55 PM, SwAg said:

Journal 3:  

Sticking with the initial read of Josh is Mafia due to D1 and parallelism with the previous game.

KOTN is either coming back, or converted someone with his death based on the Santa write-up.  I’m a tad concerned on that front because if anyone was converted for game development reasons (rather than skill or meta reasons), it is Counselor or matts.  Suppose that’s a bridge to cross when it’s relevant.

I thought Touch was Town, but now I’m skeptical.  I’m not a Bodyguard, I’m a Protector, but that may be an artificial distinction.  But, again, role invest?  Or did he simply understand what I was doing?  Shrug, I’ll have to look back on D1/D2 to see if anything provides any clarification on that.

Still don’t think Daboyle is Mafia, but could see Other.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:07 PM, SwAg said:

Journal 3 Update: Lmao Touch, scummy boy!

On 12/10/2019 at 3:31 PM, SwAg said:

Journal 4:  

So, in terms of gameplay and accuracy, I feel like I played well, even if I took a step back from my usual leadership role.  

I was wrong on Daboyle being Other.  I was skeptical of Touch, but wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt on the “BG” vernacular.  If I had been present, caught up, and acted on the skepticism, I likely could have saved the Daboyle/Josh tie from shenanigans, but Dome was able to play clean-up on that, at least.

Scum seemed to be hapless this game.  To be honest, I don’t blame people for suspecting me when I was meme playing because the scum performance has been a joke.

I’m opting to hold my hit because the game might be over, but in the event that it is not:  

(1) I’m not sold on the mission case because he seems like clueless Town, and Touch/bcb’s interactions make it seem like he’s Town.

(2) I don’t want to waste it on a meme hit on Orca, Malfatron, matts, or rack when rack is due for an investigation and could end it; and

(3) I stick by the prediction that Counselor or matts is the likely KOTN/Santa convert if there was one.  I doubt either will gain lynch traction, so I might need to go for the glory on one of them.

Hopefully this is my last journal, but if not, I’ll be back to put forth an MVP claim after a quietly good performance, or crash and burn in the attempt.

23 hours ago, SwAg said:

Journal:

So, my final bets are: if mission is not Mafia, then it’s Counselor.  Mostly everyone else is cleared due to other information, assuming the factional can be tracked.

Otherwise, I think Dome is the Other if there is one.  His characterization of his interaction with Touch on the day he was outed is fairly disingenuous.  Revisionist, but Town can do that too.  Hopefully the game simply ends with Mafia.

I tried to tell rack that Counselor is my bet if the game isn’t over in case I die tonight, but he’s an idiot and forgot lingo that I popularized on the previous forum that became a joke/meme.

Deciding between protecting matts and hitting Counselor.  I know the cautious play is to protect matts because then there is no chance for a 2-player swing, but I could also end it and I’m pretty confident.

I have a tough decision to make

17 hours ago, SwAg said:

Kill Orca.  

I don’t care.

Counselor is Mafia.

On 12/11/2019 at 1:17 PM, Matts4313 said:

Change that, lets go Dome and Counselor

17 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Got it 

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Pretty rough on the new guy, especially since he asked for a VC twice before night.

Lol.  I know. 

But its day 5 and he had all day to vote.  And like my last post is the VC.  It may be rough but maybe it will be a lesson he learns quickly lol.  

Well, since there are no more roleblocks or jails, can I get my results?

No.  Wait your damn turn lol. 

Boo. Is game over then? 

You plan on giving Orca hell for how he played or nah?

16 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

dome and counselor are not aligned 

16 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

And in the background, all we could hear were soft chants. They started to get louder and louder until they were deafening:

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

What an idiot. My plan after you gave me results was to have counselor jailed and dome lynched. We would have won after Dome came back other. 

^^^ The idiot being swag for not protecting me. I had the game on lock, found the final 2 others and had a plan. The reason I told @MWil23 to give @Counselor the gun was so that @wolfeyestrks could jail him... 

• Like 1

Meh, if the game was in danger, I would have taken a real shot.

Give it to whoever you want.  I don’t need nor want it.  Just I view people who play well as deserving, in this case Matts, rather than someone who only had to have a pulse to perform the correct action, but I admit Dome exceeds expectations in that manner.

• Like 1

Now for some additional story:

On Sunday, I started exhibiting flu like symptoms which ended up being the flu. I was hospitalized Monday, and got out yesterday. I was in partially for the flu but the other part due to a rareish heart condition. I was on the forums, but sometimes no more than a few seconds and my comprehension wasn’t amazing. My fiancée did a lot of the work for me because she read a lot. It’s not that I wasn’t going to talk or claim intentionally, it’s that I was no good at even coming up with anything in my state. I was actually trying to find a replacement because I was useless at that point. The only part I could execute for my game was the last minute vote for Daboyle

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I knew I was never getting it because I killed Orca for fun, but Jesus, Dome, really?

Hey I had some journal entries too....

I was "on your jock" because I wanted you on edge and I felt your game was one I could push regardless of your role. Even for friendly other, getting rid of a good player who might figure you out and get you killed for fun is not a bad play at all.

My worst read all game was literally "maybe he's scum, if not it's useful for me to make everything hard for him"

Not to mention I was an important part of literally every single scum death (maybe not KOTN?). 

LOOK AT ME NOW

THE MVP GOES TO THE GIMMICK

Edited by Dome