GDT - Week 14. Operation Rebound.

Hunter2_1

Man, that game was there for the taking. Refs obviously didn't help but the offense still had chances to punch it in and didn't execute. Meyers has to make that catch in the end zone, and I put the last play of the game mostly on Edelman, he has to be looking for the ball and coming back to it a bit so the DB can't poke it away at the last minute. Defense played their tails off almost the whole game and basically the entire 2nd half, the Hardman TD was really the only time they got burned (not great again from Jon Jones on that one but I thought he responded well the rest of the game). There was a lot to be positive about though, and as long as they keep HFA over the Chiefs I like our chances in a rematch.

On to Cincinnati ;)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

N’Keal is special, guys. He got robbed today. 

No idea why they don't have multiple plays in every game to get him the ball in space, he knows how to navigate and really tough to bring down 1 on 1. Even if he doesn't have the nuances down yet, just play him a bit like CP last year for now.

Somewhat related note, I hope they rest Sanu next week. He's clearly not 100% and as we saw in the Baltimore game when he's healthy Brady will look his way and he can get the job done. Less a matter of reps with him and more getting the ankle right, the other guys need to get it together. Dorsett should be benched, he was beyond a non-factor today.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Low key worst call of the game was not moving the ball spot on the first challenge 

like ya maybe you can’t overturn the first down but clearly it was not on the 40 yard line if we win that challenge we would’ve had a third 

It was a waste to challenge anyways.

I don’t understand the decision to go for a two point conversion. Instead of playing for the lead they were playing to tie after they failed to convert.

2 hours ago, dhunt2402 said:

No idea why they don't have multiple plays in every game to get him the ball in space, he knows how to navigate and really tough to bring down 1 on 1. Even if he doesn't have the nuances down yet, just play him a bit like CP last year for now.

I'd like to see them use him like they used to use Hernandez

11 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

It was a waste to challenge anyways.

I don’t understand the decision to go for a two point conversion. Instead of playing for the lead they were playing to tie after they failed to convert.

Can someone explain to me why the first challenge wasn’t successful? 

I understand there was no PI and that it was too close to overturn the first down.  But, the ball spot was very clearly wrong by at least a yard.  Why is that not a successful challenge with the ball moved back a yard or two, and the Pats keeping their timeout and challenge?