Bears @ Packers, 12/15, 12:00 GDT

beardown3231

25 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

My original stance was that I didn’t like the trade but after a couple of games I was really happy to have him. He was pretty good in the beginning of the year and now seems to be fading for the past 4-5 games. I”m not sure if he has an injury he is dealing with? I don’t think he’s someone who is “cashing” in his check.

If he has some sort of lingering injury, we don't know about it. Therefore, I'm not taking some unknown injury into account when criticizing him. 

He's the highest paid defender in the league. He's playing slightly better than a JAG. If he isn't injured, I don't know how my take on things can really be disputed. 

Edited by Heinz D.

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

If he has some sort of lingering injury, we don't know about it. Therefore, I'm not taking some unknown injury into account when criticizing him. 

He's the highest paid defender in the league. He's playing slightly better than a JAG. If he isn't injured, I don't know how my take on things can really be disputed. 

His stats are better than someone who is JAG and he is demanding constant double teams and chips. But that doesn't include what doesn't show on stat sheets. 

He is probably the best run defender we have that isn't 330lbs. He constantly sets the edge and forces guys back into the middle of the defense. There is a reason every OC focuses so much attention on him, and even with a banged up Hicks, down to 3rd and 4th ILBs, and with Amukamara hobbled they kept Rodgers to a pretty mediocre game. He kept Rodgers inside so he couldn't extend plays to his side and was huge in shutting down the run. 

There are issues with the defense but Mack isn't one IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

His stats are better than someone who is JAG and he is demanding constant double teams and chips. But that doesn't include what doesn't show on stat sheets. 

I admitted that his stats are slightly better than a JAG. What I bolded there simply isn't true. It wasn't true today. It hasn't been true the majority of the season. Mack isn't beating single blocking with anything close to the consistency expected from a (supposedly) impact player. Watch the tape. And what "doesn't show on stat sheets" is, in this case, nebulous. At best. He's the highest paid defender in the league. This is a fact, which should not be in contention. If Pace made Trubisky the highest paid QB in the league, would you be talking about stuff that "doesn't show on stat sheets"? Or would you be admitting the Bears have a serious problem? 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I admitted that his stats are slightly better than a JAG. What I bolded there simply isn't true. It wasn't true today. It hasn't been true the majority of the season. Mack isn't beating single blocking with anything close to the consistency expected from a (supposedly) impact player. Watch the tape. And what "doesn't show on stat sheets" is, in this case, nebulous. At best. He's the highest paid defender in the league. This is a fact, which should not be in contention. If Pace made Trubisky the highest paid QB in the league, would you be talking about stuff that "doesn't show on stat sheets"? Or would you be admitting the Bears have a serious problem? 

Ok, hurried and rewatched the game with only eyes on Mack.

1st quarter

There were 8 passes thrown where he was in. He was at least double teamed on 4. The ones he wasn't:

1 quick out

1 screen his side

1 TE flat

1 standard 1 on 1

He was doubles on a run his side too.

2nd 

He was part of 10 pass attempts

Doubled on 6 (one was a twist where he got the LT and C). For single blocks:

-walked the LT back for a pressure

- stayed really wide and got depth - likely to prevent Rodgers from getting outside of him

- won but Rodgers rushed a bad 4th down lob 

- was winning but the pass was batted at the line. 

Forgot to keep an eye on the clock so this is all the 2nd half, not seperating quarters.

Took part in 11 pass attempts and doubled on 6. Of those he was single blocked:

- stayed home for the jet motion (schemed vs Mack)

- quick bubble screen 

- 1 yard flat route

1 unblocked to cause throw away on pressure

*He also caused a holding call, had a video showing the attention against him, shifted the blocking to him but he dropped in coverage and had Rodgers for a 1 yard loss on a slide. 

So he was doubled on 16 of his 28 passrush attempts, had coverage and the OL shifted at him on one, doubled on a run, drew a hold.

When he was single blocked on 12 passes

-they ran 5 screens/quick outs/flats (no one would have made a play from the EDGE)

-kept him home using a jet motion

- was cleanly beat twice 

- pressured on 3

- played assignment football and stayed wide to keep Rodgers in the pocket. 

So yes, he is constantly being doubled and schemed against. It is ABSOLUTELY true. You need to watch the tape. It's not a surprise they did more quick passing when Mack was out there and when he was on the sidelines they were far more aggressive. He was a big reason Rodgers had a sub-50% completion percentage. 

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

Lol I just got off work and saw a highlight of the final play where we almost score but Allen Robinson bails and watches the packers recover the football like when Jim Halpert let Michael Scott fall in the koi pond in The Office 

HUHwjjD.gif

Edited by Tyty

4 hours ago, dafreak said:

Bull**** call on Patterson leads to a Packer win, correct call and the Bears perhaps win by 6. The officiating in the NFL has been horse ****, something needs to be done.

While I agree the call was bull**** if it went our way it changes the outcome of the game in an unpredictable way. Could’ve given us momentum or could’ve lit a fire in Aaron Rodgers or something. It’s impossible to predict the outcome based on one bad call in the first quarter. 

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

FWIW it's looking like these will be the Bears opponents in 2020:

Home

Vikings, Packers, Lions, Colts, Texans, Saints, Bucs, Giants

Away

Vikings, Packers, Lions, Titans, Jaguars, Falcons, Panthers, Rams

Nice. On paper it looks like it could be a 10 win season 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Doesn't look that easy when you consider we are usually due for 2 losses by the Packers every season 

New decade is coming, nobody can predict what will happen. We’ve lost way too many cloase games to them in recent memory. Football sucks because of a small sample size.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:36 AM, pigsooie5 said:

I don’t know what it is, but I have a really good feeling about this game. I think Hicks’ energy ignites this defense and the offense continues to roll. Bears 24-17

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:34 AM, vike daddy said:

Dear Bears fans,

Please beat the Packers this weekend, thank you.

Signed, all Viking fans everywhere

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:11 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Yeah, make it interesting!

21 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Packers' officials are on the job.

Image result for you'll get nothing and like it gif

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Image result for you'll get nothing and like it gif

Hahaha!  Lots of respect to you for using a Judge Smails gif!  He was my favorite character in Caddyshack!  He had one of the best lines ever too when he told Danny Noonan: "Well, the world needs ditch diggers too!"  :D 

As for football, 'da Bears made it close for while at the end.  It was really starting to look like they might come back and take it to overtime.  The Packers got the W, and you guys deserve bragging rights for the sweep of the Bears. 

At this point, it looks like the Vikings' only hope (after our almost certain beatdown of the Packers in Minnesota next week) will be for Matt Patricia to call his Lions players back from the offseason vacation they already started on about 3-4 weeks ago.  In other words, we'll probably see you up in Lambeau for the Wild Card game. 

• Like 1

Although people want to point at the lack of sack totals, offenses have gameplans designed around Mack whether it is pass pro and playcalling. I've noticed that the league leaders in sacks usually aren't the elite pass rushers in todays NFL. These are players that usually rack these sacks up beating one player at the LOS. I'd say that Von Miller is a player of similar talent to Mack and he only has 7 sacks. Hicks is the only other pass rusher on our team that is taking advantage of these matchups.

Even though Danny T. is a good, solid player at this point having him on the team is a luxury. I'm fairly certain there will we many teams in the market that will offer him money that we can spend to improve our team elsewhere. Nick K has proven he's solid player that isn't as good vs. the run but he may be better vs pass. Prince is another player that we may need to cut. He's a solid player that will get work elsewhere easily but we need some youth at the position for the long term. He's also getting older and he's just getting gassed on some plays, I expect that to happen more often when he gets older.

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hahaha!  Lots of respect to you for using a Judge Smails gif!  He was my favorite character in Caddyshack!  He had one of the best lines ever too when he told Danny Noonan: "Well, the world needs ditch diggers too!"  :D 

As for football, 'da Bears made it close for while at the end.  It was really starting to look like they might come back and take it to overtime.  The Packers got the W, and you guys deserve bragging rights for the sweep of the Bears. 

At this point, it looks like the Vikings' only hope (after our almost certain beatdown of the Packers in Minnesota next week) will be for Matt Patricia to call his Lions players back from the offseason vacation they already started on about 3-4 weeks ago.  In other words, we'll probably see you up in Lambeau for the Wild Card game. 

Image result for can't wait gif

• Like 1