Week 15: VIKINGS (9-4) at Chargers (5-8)

swede700

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Brady is the only one I believe that is guaranteed to return.  If Brees wins the Super Bowl, he'll be out.  Manning is done.  Rivers might be.  

If Brady wins another SB, I could see him retiring . Unless he has a desire to play for another team or break regular season passing records (assuming Brees retires), I’m not sure there is much incentive for him to return. 

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

If Brady wins another SB, I could see him retiring . Unless he has a desire to play for another team or break regular season passing records (assuming Brees retires), I’m not sure there is much incentive for him to return. 

There wasn't a real incentive for him to return this year.  I think he plays until Giselle forces him not to.  

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

There wasn't a real incentive for him to return this year.  I think he plays until Giselle forces him not to.  

Brady is low key about records. 

He wanted another 10 win season to set the record for most consecutive seasons with 10+. 

I think Brady keeps on going to pass Brees.

2 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Why would Brees retire? I agree on the others......but Brees?

He has nothing to accomplish either...and he's at the point right now that his arm could fall off any moment.  His contract also voids in the new league year and he'll be a free agent.  If the Saints choose to move on or don't offer him enough money (which he has shown in the past that he won't settle for any less than what he feels he deserves), he could just walk away and retire.  I'm not sure I could see him moving to another team at this point, so it's NO or no one, as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

He has nothing to accomplish either...and he's at the point right now that his arm could fall off any moment.  His contract also voids in the new league year and he'll be a free agent.  If the Saints choose to move on or don't offer him enough money (which he has shown in the past that he won't settle for any less than what he feels he deserves), he could just walk away and retire.  I'm not sure I could see him moving to another team at this point, so it's NO or no one, as far as I'm concerned.

And will the Saints bring back Brees at the risk of losing Bridgewater? 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Family. I could see Brees hanging it up with his kids now in the early teens. 

That would be like the best RB in the game retiring early, that would never.....oh, right.

I'd certainly applaud him for being smart enough to save his brain and body, but I'd also be shocked.

22 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

That would be like the best RB in the game retiring early, that would never.....oh, right.

I'd certainly applaud him for being smart enough to save his brain and body, but I'd also be shocked.

He is 40 so I’d hardly call his retirement early or shocking. 

Now if Aaron Rodgers decides to retire, I’d be shocked.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I think he could have got quite a bit more on the open market last time

• Like 1