New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So if what is above is true, sounds like they used the "Do Your Job" documentary as a cover to spy on teams (I mean, the Bengals...really???) after they were done getting their footage. I mean, we'll find out if this is true or not but if it is we get a whole 'nother offseason of Patriots investigations. Fun!

Wonder how quickly they will say this guy was 'rogue' or taping for his own amusement and had no connections to the New England front office.

I'm sure BB has layers between himself and anyone they would send out like this schmuck.

• Like 2

One thing for sure, the timing of this before the playoffs makes it interesting to see what the NFL does. Do they dive in fully and take their time, potentially allowing NE to skirt by unpunished this season and wait for any ramifications until the post-season? Or do they rush ahead to wrap up the investigations before the playoffs, at the risk of missing something bigger?

With that source, it sounds like the Patriors have been spying on signals while simultaneously doing the Do Your Job Documentaries and it being the cover up. 

You guys in here are way to gullible and too passive. Obviously we need more evidence but this sounds HIGHLY suspect so far. 

Edited by BayRaider

24 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

lol the Browns agreed to be spied on

Maybe they thought someone who watched the film could fix Baker Mayfield with sarcastic comments like "Why do these ****ing morons keep running 5 wide with these 2 RB and turnstyle OT, they need to get these plays in quicker, Baker needs to spend more time in the filmroom and less time on Twitter, etc."

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

One thing for sure, the timing of this before the playoffs makes it interesting to see what the NFL does. Do they dive in fully and take their time, potentially allowing NE to skirt by unpunished this season and wait for any ramifications until the post-season? Or do they rush ahead to wrap up the investigations before the playoffs, at the risk of missing something bigger?

It's always "interesting timing". Usually right before a Super Bowl or after a bitter opponent loses in the playoffs or the start of an undefeated regular season.

This kind of thing generally fuels the Patriots team camaraderie, which was already starting to self-fuel based on their recent substandard performances.

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Hopefully it's a non-issue. However, should they determine this was an effort to cheat yet again...Bellichick should be suspended for the rest of the season, including the playoffs

They’ve been caught spying on teams twice if this is ever proven. Knowing what the other team is gonna do is the biggest possible way a team can cheat, by farrrr. Completely taints the game and puts an asterisk on the past 19 years of the NFL. 

If anything develops of this you ban Bellichick for TWO full seasons, take two first round picks, and fine Kraft the max. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They’ve been caught spying on teams twice if this is ever proven. Knowing what the other team is gonna do is the biggest possible way a team can cheat, by farrrr. Completely taints the game and puts an asterisk on the past 19 years of the NFL. 

If anything develops of this you ban Bellichick for TWO full seasons, take two first round picks, and fine Kraft the max. 

I actually COMPLETELY agree with this. But I'd take it a step further. Regardless of how you feel about "Deflategate", this would be the 3rd time questions of cheating hovered over the Patriots.

I'd ban Bellichick for life. Disqualify the Patriots from the playoffs, take 2 1st round picks, reduce the NE Salary cap availability by 25% for the 2020 season and fine Kraft $5M 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I actually COMPLETELY agree with this. But I'd take it a step further. Regardless of how you feel about "Deflategate", this would be the 3rd time questions of cheating hovered over the Patriots.

I'd ban Bellichick for life. Disqualify the Patriots from the playoffs, take 2 1st round picks, reduce the NE Salary cap availability by 25% for the 2020 season and fine Kraft $5M 

I’d ban Bellichick for life but you gotta think of the backlash as a business. Fans will think they literally wasted 19 years on the NFL cause the Pays cheated every single year. A lifetime bans basically says “hey, forget the past 20 years”. It would DESTROY the NFL.  

Morally, banning Bellichick is the correct decision. Business wise, it is not.