2017-18 Offseason Talk

Glen

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The thing is tho I don't think I ever heard any player say they don't want to play in back to back, it's all coaches or the medical team. Why don't they do back to back in the playoffs? Because they are important games,unlike the regular season.

I don't know what to make of Durant's personality. I keep up with the NBA a lot more now than I did back when he gave the tribute to his mom during his MVP speech, but he seemed like a guy who carried himself well. Now...not so much. It could have been that I just wasn't paying enough attention back then. I don't know.

I'm not mad at him for going to the Warriors. I didn't quite get it, but it's none of my business. However, he now has a championship and Finals MVP and he really cares so much about what his critics think that he resorts to this? Surely he could have seen this criticism coming? Who cares what they think? People can "have it all" and still not be happy in life if they don't realize that happiness comes from within. Like Kip Smithers said above me, he seems lost. What a shame.

I don't see why people are continuing to harp on Kevin Durant and his Twitter antics.  It's been well established he enjoys Twitter conflicts.  It may be that Durant is extremely sensitive, and that he also just enjoys conflict.  Durant has gone on record several times vs various different media members and has gotten into conflict with them.  Not that he is a bad person, but I think he enjoys all the attention this stuff gives him.

If he is insecure or sensitive about certain things, why does it matter if he goes out on the court and performs?

16 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Would anyone actually believe Durant if he blamed someone else?  I know I wouldn't.  Better to just accept the embarrassment than add to it by trying to hide behind one of his boys.

Don't matter if you believe him or not, I'm not admitting something like that. And it's not uncommon for athletes having others tweeting from their accounts so it would have been believable. 

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't matter if you believe him or not, I'm not admitting something like that. And it's not uncommon for athletes having others tweeting from their accounts so it would have been believable. 

Denying it doubles the embarrassment.  If any of you would have believed it was someone else then that would have just been sad.

32 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I have no problem with it tbh

It's just super weak. Dude is trying too hard to convince others he made the right choice. I mean he's coming off going head to head with LeBron and getting the best of the match up. At this point he shouldn't be feeling so insecure. 

I mean the Thunder were flawed but pretty damn good. Sure the team could have surrounded the top two with better shooters, but we have seen much worse situations. 

Archived