Bowl Season Game Day Thread

naptownskinsfan

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Michigan lost to Wisconsin, Penn State, Ohio State and Alabama. Tennessee lost to Georgia STATE, BYU, Florida, Georgia and Alabama. Michigan's OOC schedule was Middle Tennessee, Army and Notre Dame. Tennessee's was Georgia Tech, Chattanooga, Indiana State and Georgia State.

No, they aren't even remotely similar.

I'm not saying we are as good as Michigan this year, but we look like a completely different team the second half of the season compared to the first.  Largely in part to our young guys developing and understanding the system better.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Because we had a god awful incompetent athletic director and him almost hiring Schiano is a large part of why he got fired.  

That and the brilliant combo of Dooley and Butch.

At least Pruitt is showing promise in regards to developing players, which we haven't had in a decade.

I didn't mean it as an insult, but that's a recent low point, and it's real low.

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

Yeah, but they may only be one game behind Michigan after they get to play the 5th best team in the Big Ten East, so which program is even better???

It's clear which program is better but I don't feel it's as far off as y'all do. That's fine. It's also fine you're content with the coaching. I'll gladly accept it as well

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

It's clear which program is better but I don't feel it's as far off as y'all do. That's fine. It's also fine you're content with the coaching. I'll gladly accept it as well

I realize that you lose like 1 game a year maybe, so the difference between 3 losses and 5 losses and 7 losses might not seem massive, but it is.

Michigan is a top 15 program. Tennessee is a top, what, 40 maybe program? There's a bigger gap there than you're giving credit for.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I didn't mean it as an insult, but that's a recent low point, and it's real low.

Oh, we've been an embarrassment for the better part of the decade.  

Yes, the loss to Georgia State was horrifying.  That and losing to Wyoming in Fulmer's last year(which I was at) were total wtf moments.

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

If only I weren't content and then Warde would fire Jim Harbaugh. Maybe if I threaten to withhold my $0 per year donation, he'll get the message.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I realize that you lose like 1 game a year maybe, so the difference between 3 losses and 5 losses and 7 losses might not seem massive, but it is.

Oh, I'm aware of how massive it is but we're talking about a mid-range SEC team against someone who's supposed to win the Big10 year after year. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I'm not saying we are as good as Michigan this year, but we look like a completely different team the second half of the season compared to the first.  Largely in part to our young guys developing and understanding the system better.

That'll happen when the combined record of your 2nd half opponents (sans Bama) was 27-33 and that includes mid major UAB's 9-5.