George Kittle

Manny/Patrick

2 hours ago, DannyB said:

Settle down there, kemosabe.

While there are exceptions, the TE position has a history of players starting strong, and having their best (statistical, at least) years early. They are prone to taking a beating and producing less after the the first few years.

I'm not predicting anything, and I know that you're couching the phrasing by "just asking the question", but it's still silly to even dip a toe in that water when his career is just beginning. It's like bringing up a rookie NBA player's stats and comparing them favorably to Jordan's rookie year. Like why even start the comparison so early?

That said...dude is an absolute force, and is a blast to watch. Definitely the best all-around TE in the league right now.

Of course I don’t think he’s the best ever, but just like Mahomes, Rodgers early into his career. They are on a path

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Give me both Gronk and Kelce over Kittle. Tony Gonzalez is the GOAT for now.

Gronk is fine, but kittle is better than kelce 

I'm glad people have at least stopped saying ertz is better, so that's good 

Remember when the niners were 4-0 and you said they were pretenders? Yeah, I remember

1 hour ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Of course I don’t think he’s the best ever, but just like Mahomes, Rodgers early into his career. They are on a path

I haven't heard anybody around here really bringing that up about Mahomes yet, and nobody was saying that about Rodgers until after he won a Super Bowl, SB MVP,  and MVP award, several seasons into his career.

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

Gronk is fine, but kittle is better than kelce 

Oh DEFINITELY give me Gronk. I'll take Kittle over Kelce too. I think he's a better all-around TE. However, I can at least understand the argument for Kelce, if that person favors the pass-catching really heavily, and points to the longer track record.

20 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Oh DEFINITELY give me Gronk. I'll take Kittle over Kelce too. I think he's a better all-around TE. However, I can at least understand the argument for Kelce, if that person favors the pass-catching really heavily, and points to the longer track record.

The longer track record is the only argument you could make, because kittle is a more dynamic receiving threat. He is a better route runner, is a better deep threat, and is better with the ball in his hands. Oh, and he's the superior blocker. 

Kelce is a damn good TE too don't get me wrong, but right now, there isn't a TE in the world who is better than George 

EDIT: but that doesn't make him the greatest TE ever and this thread is dumb for that reason lol 

Edited by N4L

1 hour ago, N4L said:

The longer track record is the only argument you could make, because kittle is a more dynamic receiving threat. He is a better route runner, is a better deep threat, and is better with the ball in his hands. Oh, and he's the superior blocker. 

Kelce is a damn good TE too don't get me wrong, but right now, there isn't a TE in the world who is better than George 

EDIT: but that doesn't make him the greatest TE ever and this thread is dumb for that reason lol 

I'm all for opinions and whatnot but c'mon man lol you study a lot of Kelce's routes? He's one of the best TEs I've ever seen that can find an open space. Kelce has been known to get behind the defense a ton as well so I'd still give him the nod deep. Kittle is a better blocker but Kelce isn't a weak link by any means. Kittle is better with the ball but Kelce has that catch n wiggle that stands up to anybody.

At this point in their careers I'm fine with Kittle getting a heap of praise but to act like it's not even close is a little too extreme.

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

I'm a contrarian in this stance. The idea of an all around great TE is oxy-moronic. Its like calling a DE that drops in coverage and has minimal impact in pass coverage all around the best DE.  For RB it works, because its catching and running and 2 very measurable impacts. Who cares if your TE1 is a great blocker. Teams carry 3 TEs for a reason.

Give me the best receiving TEs.

Thats Gates, Gonzo, Winslow, Sharpe.. with Gronk and Kelce. Kittle is making his claim soon to be in that company. 

AFCW is where the BEST TEs are born fam, miss me with ya disagreements.