2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

58 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Hopefully USC and Arizona get the death penalty.

The FBI did a three year sting operation on us and all they found was one coach getting $20K to try and convince a player to sign with an apparel company and he might've gave some of that money to one recriut. I think we came out looking good in this one.

To counter Jason Riley, I heard the news is coming tonight.

Louisville reporter Joe Sonka has said that announcements from UL are not done for the day.

Another insider told Matt Jones, of the TV show Hey! Kentucky and editor of KSR, to air the show live tonight because of what is coming. The show is usually taped at 4:30pm and airs at 7:30pm.

Looks like Nassir Little (who was about to commit to UA soon) and Jahvon Quinerly (who already committed to UA) were involved with the whole thing, probably going to be ineligible to play college ball next year. Little from his AAU coach and Quinerly potentially being the player that got money from Book.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The FBI did a three year sting operation on us and all they found was one coach getting $20K to try and convince a player to sign with an apparel company and he might've gave some of that money to one recriut. I think we came out looking good in this one.

Don't think anyone named in this looks good. 

31 minutes ago, PAW said:

Don't think anyone named in this looks good. 

true but it is mostly about individual coaches/people, Nike/Adidas, and pre-pro basketball than whole college programs. If Nike wants to pay some dudes to come play at UA that doesn't say anything about UA.

12 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

true but it is mostly about individual coaches/people, Nike/Adidas, and pre-pro basketball than whole college programs. If Nike wants to pay some dudes to come play at UA that doesn't say anything about UA.

Your assistant is accused of paying recruits to commit lol

17 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

It'd be naive to think that there's no involvement with regards to the teams. Arizona didn't suspend Book for nothing lol. Sean Miller definitely knows, and I bet he's sweating more now than he does on the sidelines.

Just now, PAW said:

Your assistant is accused of paying recruits to commit lol

One coach, one player (maybe two, not sure, everything I'm reading is out of context). That's why I said it wasn't that bad lol. The FBI had wiretaps and insiders involved, it's not the worst thing ever. The rest of the stuff is about companies paying family members/AAU coaches/players to go to certain schools or sign with them eventually.

11 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

It'd be naive to think that there's no involvement with regards to the teams. Arizona didn't suspend Book for nothing lol. Sean Miller definitely knows, and I bet he's sweating more now than he does on the sidelines.

They suspended him because he committed crimes that could get him 60 years in prison. Also I don't think Miller puts the whole program in trouble so one assistant coach could make pocket change (20K, which he split with a recruit). Pretty sure they only got him for one player (Quinerly) too. 

It makes sense for companies to go to the assistants who have the best relationship and most influence on the players (notice all the coaches that were caught were black) and also don't make a huge salary.

Also the FBI was doing the investigating, for a long time, you don't think they would bring up the head coach if he was involved?

I'd be surprised if Player X wasn't Kobi Simmons.  Book got on him late and he was supposedly OAD before stepping foot on campus.  Richardson is in deep and could face up to 60 years in prison.  Obviously he won't once he starts rolling over.   Apparently the FBI is raiding ASM Sports this afternoon.  I expect this to get a lot worse.

46 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

They suspended him because he committed crimes that could get him 60 years in prison. Also I don't think Miller puts the whole program in trouble so one assistant coach could make pocket change (20K, which he split with a recruit). Pretty sure they only got him for one player (Quinerly) too. 

It makes sense for companies to go to the assistants who have the best relationship and most influence on the players (notice all the coaches that were caught were black) and also don't make a huge salary.

Also the FBI was doing the investigating, for a long time, you don't think they would bring up the head coach if he was involved?

This is just the beginning of what's going to happen

Archived