2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

now they are still ahead of Duke 8 minutes into the game

Been watching for about 10 mins now. They are a pesky team. Duke is now turning it on and will blow them out, but they could cause some problems come March. That 7 ft'er is pretty good, and they have some decent guard play.

This Duke team is long. Doesnt really hit you until you watch the games, but the arm length of Bagley(6'11), Carter(6'10), Trent(6'6), and even Duval(6'3) is crazy, and thats not even counting an in shape Marques Bolden, who is out with strep this weekend.

Still dont have very high hopes for this team unless they find anyone off the bench, but it will be a fun year.

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

I know its been roughly a game and a half against inferior competition, but Bagley(minus FTs) looks like the best freshman Duke has had this decade.

Bagley looks like the real deal. Looking forward to seeing him against some serious competition.

This Kentucky team is really bad right now. I don't think Cal has any ever brought in this many talented players, but the best player in this class is probably one of the weakest compared to the best in his other classes. Could help them long term but as for this season it will probably be messy. Obviously expect them to get MUCH better than they are right now, but I don't see a strong year without a couple true impact players, which I'm weary of anyone developing into mid year on this roster.

20 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This Kentucky team is really bad right now. I don't think Cal has any ever brought in this many talented players, but the best player in this class is probably one of the weakest compared to the best in his other classes. Could help them long term but as for this season it will probably be messy. Obviously expect them to get MUCH better than they are right now, but I don't see a strong year without a couple true impact players, which I'm weary of anyone developing into mid year on this roster.

Once Kevin Knox gets more experience, I expect him to be that impact player.

But yeah, definitely a scary game tonight. Hopefully its just because this team is so young.

watching Wichita St. vs. Charleston rn. The Shockers' 3 big men probably played the best half of basketball from a rotation of big men I've seen. They all scored in the post, all hit at least one three, hit a couple of midrange jumpshots, and all played good defense. I don't think Shamet scored a bucket but they were up 25 in the 1st half.

I can't wait for this season to be over. Syracuse is gonna be so terrible this year. Next year tho we will be back to being a top 10 team with the players we will have returning, transfer we have for next year and our incoming class. Can it be 2018/19 already?

26 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I can't wait for this season to be over. Syracuse is gonna be so terrible this year. Next year tho we will be back to being a top 10 team with the players we will have returning, transfer we have for next year and our incoming class. Can it be 2018/19 already?

Pitt is playing 5 freshmen heavy minutes and a juco transfer.  Granted work prevented me from watching many games last year, but Ryan Luthor is the only returning player I could name going into the season and hes a college role player probably at best.  It kills me that the program fell off so rapidly.

Archived