2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

So bizarre. Mizzou crowd was hyped for their savior, game started off like any other. Porter made a nice basket in the paint. Game carried on, then there was a stoppage a little while later... but when things started back up, Porter was nowhere to be seen on the court. Nobody had a clue why Porter was on the bench, he looked fine and there was no moment in the previous 2 minutes where it looked like an injury occurred...nobody would have imagined in a million years hat he would likely never return to the court as a tiger.

It just has to be something deeper, like a serious back injury that had gone under the radar. Even then, there's nothing he did in those 2 minutes he wouldn't have been doing in practices. Something doesn't add up here. I don't think any NBA team would touch him with a 10 feet pole until the cause of this injury is clear.

18 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Probably herniated discs, which would be pretty worrisome for a 19 year old kid. They pretty much killed Dwight's career. Doubt it's the the same case here, but still that is huge red flag.

Probably had the injury in high school and played those 2 minutes so the surgery is on the school's dime. 

Coach Keatts making a statement with this win against #2 Arizona. This is a style of ball I've never seen NC State play and so far I'm liking it. Al Freeman with another solid night, also gotta like Braxton Beverly the freshman who went through all the transfer issues getting 20 pts in his 3rd game since the NCAA appeal allowed him to play this year instead of reshirting. Was waiting for that normal NC State collapse at the end of the game and glad it never happened.

Archived