***Spoilers*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Deadpulse

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think 95% of the fan base understands that a new Revan story may not parallel the same path.  While it will have some similar characters and arc, it will be like the Thrawn novels- they just wrapped up a book trilogy and Thrawn graduates his direct subordinate to a fleet command position, and just added Gilad Pellaeon to his command staff for the next trilogy.  That trilogy is also in the capable hands of Timothy Zahn, who wrote Thrawn to begin with.  

The problem with the fan base is when they make changes to the direct movie characters.  Messing with the Chosen One prophecy, turning Luke into a giant curmudgeon, making Lando pansexual..........that is when the fan base erupts.  But if they rewrite Revan into a new story, most people will go along with it.  An added bonus would be if Drew Karpyshyn was added as a writer or consultant, since he wrote the KOTOR and SWTOR stories. 

I do agree that we need to stay away from the main characters of the main movies though.  

They just need to move on from Kennedy. She has neither the vision nor the inclination to make good Star Wars movies. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He track record outside of Star Wars is pretty strong. I honestly dont think she is the singular problem. 

Her track record consists of visionaries and what they wanted to do with the story. She really was nothing more then a glorified gofor producer who coat tailed success off of such names like Speilberg, Lucas, and Scorsese, people who had major success before she came along and so had the final say on how things got done. 

She is definitely the single largest problem with the franchise. 

Edited by Calvert28

34 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm going to pretend the first 6 episodes and Rogue One are the only Star Wars films.

I boycotted all Disney Star Wars so Rogue One was an unfortunate casualty. But these are my thoughts as well. Star Wars ended after 6. 

Edited by Calvert28

35 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

If you haven't seen Rogue One, watch it. It may be my favorite of the 7 Star Wars movies. Yes I know that may be blasphemous.

Rogue one is a good star wars movie but it's a mess until the final act. 

Also ROS feels like a fanfiction over-correction to TLJ. 

My thoughts on this movie, its a star deystroyer doing a u turn in hyper space. It gets Star wars back to zero ater the shet show that was the TLJ. 

ultimately the trilogy is a massive failure, that craps on George, Luke and Darth Vader. 

i think he series could move forward with Rey, Finn and Poe, there is enough between them to carry a good story. 

31 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

My thoughts on this movie, its a star deystroyer doing a u turn in hyper space. It gets Star wars back to zero ater the shet show that was the TLJ. 

ultimately the trilogy is a massive failure, that craps on George, Luke and Darth Vader. 

i think he series could move forward with Rey, Finn and Poe, there is enough between them to carry a good story. 

I don't know what the point would be for Rey anymore. This is the major flaw in the story... Force Awakens was a rehash of Episode IV and Rise of Skywalker was a rehash of Episode VI. The only thing Rey could really do is restart the Jedi order as the New Republic is reestablished, which we all assumed we were going to see Luke do. So it's kinda like she took Luke's position. 

The inspired choice they could have made is had Rey die and keep Kylo Ren alive. She has nowhere to go besides being another Luke and unlike Vader we could have seen a fallen Jedi who was redeemed having to pick up the pieces and wrestle with what comes after you reject the dark side and have to come to terms with your past deeds. 

Finn and Poe... they kinda sidelined them so much that I think at best you could do kind of one off nothing adventures with them sorta like Solo, but you can't build a series around them. 

37 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I don't know what the point would be for Rey anymore. This is the major flaw in the story... Force Awakens was a rehash of Episode IV and Rise of Skywalker was a rehash of Episode VI. The only thing Rey could really do is restart the Jedi order as the New Republic is reestablished, which we all assumed we were going to see Luke do. So it's kinda like she took Luke's position. 

The inspired choice they could have made is had Rey die and keep Kylo Ren alive. She has nowhere to go besides being another Luke and unlike Vader we could have seen a fallen Jedi who was redeemed having to pick up the pieces and wrestle with what comes after you reject the dark side and have to come to terms with your past deeds. 

Finn and Poe... they kinda sidelined them so much that I think at best you could do kind of one off nothing adventures with them sorta like Solo, but you can't build a series around them. 

Something has to happen to Rey, she is the perfect Jedi pretty much surpassing Luke and Anakin. 

I gaee teh story telling sucks 7-9, but something has to be done.
basically she as to become a Christ figure in a meaningful way, she has to die as the climax of episode 9 to save the universe or something like that.

kylo should of lived, Rey should not of been mary Sue, Luke should of been a great mentor, the whole thing was a cluster truck. 

38 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Something has to happen to Rey, she is the perfect Jedi pretty much surpassing Luke and Anakin. 

I gaee teh story telling sucks 7-9, but something has to be done.
basically she as to become a Christ figure in a meaningful way, she has to die as the climax of episode 9 to save the universe or something like that.

kylo should of lived, Rey should not of been mary Sue, Luke should of been a great mentor, the whole thing was a cluster truck. 

Take a more logical approach then. None of what was suggest before could really work with Rey anyways and plus I think Daisy Ridley herself said this is her last movie as Rey.

Everytime you think of the Disney Trilogy or hear it brought up in conversation, just say "Star Wars ended after 6" then walk away.