***Spoilers*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Deadpulse

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Rogue One is up and down, but the last hour is the best hour of any movie so that vaults it up for me. Solo is pure meh. I have no desire to ever watch it again.

I'm the opposite.  I absolutely love Solo and find Rogue One completely unremarkable.  The only interesting character is Ben Mendelsohn's Orson.  The CGI of Tarkin is so bad that it completely takes me out of the film.  I like how the film fits into A New Hope and getting to see Vader wreck shop but that's about it.

Whereas my only complaint about Solo is the reveal of Darth Maul at the end.  Ehrenreich had some huge shoes to fill but I think he nailed it as Han.  Very charming and that smile carried him.  I never expected to ever see Woody Harrelson in a Star Wars movie but he was awesome in it.  Lawrence Kasdan co-writing with his son made the movie feel and sound just like 4-6.

Edited by thrILL!

57 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I absolutely love Solo and find Rogue One completely unremarkable. 

Yeah, Solo was fun

Rogue One was dark and bleak, didnt feel like a Star Wars movie, didnt care about any of the bland characters. And it made no sense as a standalone movie.

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

You guys are crazy. Solo wasn't good and only ranks above the recent trilogy iyam

Solo was an excellent heist film set in the Star Wars universe.  We got to see Han Solo (as the former Imperial turned smuggler) shine in his element.  The Mandalorian has a lot of similarities (scratching the underbelly of the Empire, criminal activities, etc) to Solo giving both very high replay value imo.

Edited by thrILL!

Just now, thrILL! said:

Solo was an excellent heist film set in the Star Wars universe.  We got to see Han Solo (as the former Imperial turned smuggler) shine in his element.  The Mandalorian has a lot of similarities to Solo giving it very high replay value imo.

yeah, im more interesting in smaller stakes movies set in the Star Wars universe

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

^All that video made me question was whether or not I judged the prequel trilogy too harshly.  Seeing Yoda jump around in a lightsaber fight gets cooler each time I watch it. 

The prequel trilogy always had some cool visuals (although it was definitely too green screen heavy), it's the poor dialogue and wooden acting from the main characters that tank those movies.  I have always maintained they were still enjoyable though, but a clear rung below anything else Star Wars related.  Ewen McGregor and Liam Neeson are easily the best parts of the prequel trilogy.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 7:02 PM, thrILL! said:

I'm the opposite.  I absolutely love Solo and find Rogue One completely unremarkable.  The only interesting character is Ben Mendelsohn's Orson.  The CGI of Tarkin is so bad that it completely takes me out of the film.  I like how the film fits into A New Hope and getting to see Vader wreck shop but that's about it.

I am excited to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have rewatched Solo a few times and it still remains fun. Rogue One I feel like I need to get to the final act to really enjoy myself.

• Like 1

So I finally got around to seeing it last night. 

There were some things I liked, quite a bit more that I hated...but...it wasn't nearly as bad as TLJ, and actually felt like a Star Wars movie to me...so there's that. I'm still tremendously disappointed in the direction this trilogy ended up going, but at least it ended on a slightly decent note. 

• Like 1