Jaguars fire Tom Coughlin

.Buzz

20 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I usually follow the Jags but havent much this year but from what I have always noticed both allen and yannick were on the right side, has yannick or allen played on the left side? I am sure they will figure something out

Yeah, Allen has played some big end. He's big and strong enough for it at times I'd say. He's a freak.

Calais I feel like plays more there with Yan/Allen rotating on the other side though it seems and Calais kicks inside (which he's not very good at). For some reason this coaching staff doesn't play Allen as much as they should...the guys too good not to be out there on pretty much every down.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Says the guy who has John Lynch as GM of his favorite team.  A guy with no previous front office experience before taking on the job.

Why would he be horrible?

Riddick is a failed scout. As in, he was fired from his scouting job. Why would he be any good?? His name has been floated out there for a while and I've never understood why people like him. I think its more of the fact people actually know his name more than anything else. 

Its the same reason the media is so convinced that Tom Cable is the best OL coach in the league, because hes literally the only one they know. (I would call tom cable a moron and be complimenting him relative to his actual ability btw)

I was pretty skeptical of John Lynch for about 18 months lol when I saw "john lynch hired by 49ers" I thought it was to be our DB coach. 

Lynch seemed smart enough to know to surround himself with smart people and listen to what they say. That's why hes had success here, because he is a leader of men and one of the most respected people in the football world. Riddick has none of that going for him.  

Edited by N4L

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Riddick is a failed scout. As in, he was fired from his scouting job. Why would he be any good?? His name has been floated out there for a while and I've never understood why people like him. I think its more of the fact people actually know his name more than anything else. 

Its the same reason the media is so convinced that Tom Cable is the best OL coach in the league, because hes literally the only one they know. (I would call tom cable a moron and be complimenting him relative to his actual ability btw)

I was pretty skeptical of John Lynch for about 18 months lol when I saw "john lynch hired by 49ers" I thought it was to be our DB coach. 

Lynch seemed smart enough to know to surround himself with smart people and listen to what they say. That's why hes had success here, because he is a leader of men and one of the most respected people in the football world. Riddick has none of that going for him.  

Yeah because no current GMs have ever been fired from their previous teams before ...riiiight.  So let me get this straight, just because you got fired from a job before that means you are no good ? I guess Bill Belichick qualifies for this same logic then?

Riddick was promoted to director of pro personnel for both Washington and Philly after being a scout for years on those same teams, so it's pretty comical you say he's a failed scout lol.  To me that's a success and he had to have been doing something right with those teams in order to receive those promotions.

Anyway if that's your opinion that's fine but I'm not buying any of it.  You don't know the guy at all so to say he doesn't have a lot going for him or no good qualities that would make him a fine GM in this league one day is pretty ignorant.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Yeah because no current GMs have ever been fired from their previous teams before ...riiiight.  So let me get this straight, just because you got fired from a job before that means you are no good ? I guess Bill Belichick qualifies for this same logic then?

Riddick was promoted to director of pro personnel for both Washington and Philly after being a scout for years on those same teams, so it's pretty comical you say he's a failed scout lol.  To me that's a success and he had to have been doing something right with those teams in order to receive those promotions.

Anyway if that's your opinion that's fine but I'm not buying any of it.  You don't know the guy at all so to say he doesn't have a lot going for him or no good qualities that would make him a fine GM in this league one day is pretty ignorant.

To the bolded, not what I am saying at all, just that these specific traits are what made lynch have success and that he's not John lynch lol 

Again, lynch is pretty much unanimously respected in the football world for his character etc etc 

People can get fired and rehired. Happens all of the time. I am just saying that I dont believe he had enough success to justify being hired as a GM.

I dont think his insights on ESPN are that informative. He talks really fast and uses a lot of words that don't mean much. I don't feel as though I've gained anything after I hear him talk 

No need to get so worked up. It's just my opinion, but it must be shared by those with decision making authority, otherwise he would have been hired by now. Working at espn isn't helping him gain the requisite experience to become a GM either. That's the only reason you even know his name and the only reason his name keeps getting floated out, do you deny it? 

16 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Thank you for gifting us a HOF player. 

DUUUVALLLLLLL. 

Bruh we're thrilled. Two 1sts that'll be top 20 will go a long way for a new GM/coach this year and/or next.

Best of luck with your regressing RB and QB who just got paid AND a makeshift OL (and having no picks to fix it) while having to fork out 20M for the "HOF player" that is allergic to interceptions.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Bruh we're thrilled. Two 1sts that'll be top 20 will go a long way for a new GM/coach this year and/or next.

Best of luck with your regressing RB and QB who just got paid AND a makeshift OL (and having no picks to fix it) while having to fork out 20M for the "HOF player" that is allergic to interceptions.

But why you mad? I can’t wait till you draft some random player from a small school. Seriously though I wish y’all the best and land on those pics. I’m so happy to have Jalen. You guys should hire Lincoln Riley. 

8 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

But why you mad? I can’t wait till you draft some random player from a small school. Seriously though I wish y’all the best and land on those pics. I’m so happy to have Jalen. You guys should hire Lincoln Riley. 

I ain't mad. I'm just responding saying thanks for hitting us up w/ picks that are going to be higher than I thought they'd be based on what your team is shaping up as.

"Gifting" you a player isn't giving two first round picks for him just prior to setting the new market for his position.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I usually follow the Jags but havent much this year but from what I have always noticed both allen and yannick were on the right side, has yannick or allen played on the left side? I am sure they will figure something out

with Allens Experience at Kentucky as a 3-4 OLB but hes mostly been a hand in dirt for us.  Yan has been more of the stand up and move around guy.   i think u would be fine with those 2 "being Starters" in the nickle