GDT: Browns vs Ravens

candyman93

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Who do we have to build around going forward? So many fewer cornerstones then I thought coming into the year.

Bakers season this year just erased his rookie season completely. He hit a reset button and is starting from step 0 next year.

He’s not good, not bad. Next season will project his career.

• Like 1

Just now, Mind Character said:

Objectively, Baker has been trash this year. Period. 

Objectively, we honestly don't know if Baker will be trash going forward.

It's not about one play here or there. Consistently, he's not played well all year and it's okay to say that even after taking into account things he can't control (WR drops, tipped INTs, bad oline play, play-calling issues, etc).

Yes, but how many QBs would look good when they have a bad OL, no consistently good WR outside of Jarvis, tons of dropped passes, and bad play calling and coaching?

Like I've said numerous times, Baker has absolutely had his problems this year that are no one else's fault but his own, but he hasn't been as bad as some are making him out to be. And despite of all the talent we have around him, can we honestly say that they've helped him that much?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

He isn't the Rodgers or Favre where he can sling it in that sistuation and fire an accurate laser down field off one leg under pressure.

Really nice arm talent, but he's not on that level

And his footwork is awful to go with how he can’t look off a defender because he doesn’t know who to look off because he can’t tell the difference between Cover 4/Quarters/can’t identify the force defender.

• Like 1

Just now, DawgX said:

Yes, but how many QBs would look good when they have a bad OL, no consistently good WR outside of Jarvis, tons of dropped passes, and bad play calling and coaching?

Like I've said numerous times, Baker has absolutely had his problems this year that are no one else's fault but his own, but he hasn't been as bad as some are making him out to be. And despite of all the talent we have around him, can we honestly say that they've helped him that much?

Dawg, I don’t want to be rough to you, because honestly, your positivity is going to be needed. Especially with this offseason coming up. I understand not wanting to give up on Baker.

But come the **** on. He has been a bottom 5 QB. Making excuses is NOT going to help. Sit acknowledge the problems and how to fix them.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

And his footwork is awful to go with how he can’t look off a defender because he doesn’t know who to look off because he can’t tell the difference between Cover 4/Quarters/can’t identify the force defender.

Its a chicken andnthe egg with baker tjis year, his off season was crap, he didnt work with obj and landry enough, but the wjole franchise has been turd around him

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Dawg, I don’t want to be rough to you, because honestly, your positivity is going to be needed. Especially with this offseason coming up. I understand not wanting to give up on Baker.

But come the **** on. He has been a bottom 5 QB. Making excuses is NOT going to help. Sit acknowledge the problems and how to fix them.

Actually @DawgX has been one of the only objective ones in here about Baker. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

2020 is make or break for Baker Mayfield.

That's something I can agree with. He definitely needs to respond in a big way next year.

Let's just hope we do everything we can to put him in in the best position for him to succeed.

• Like 2