2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

No, there isn't an issue in the first place. It's imaginary. The rules adequately covered this which is why there was no need for midnight improvisation. If Mahomes can be traded, why not Dalton on terms agreeable to both sides. That's why it's called Total Control, not Mike's mock. 

If the Dalton trade is still vetoed, what is the actual rule? People in the last year of their contract can't be traded? People listed on a team's trade block can't be cut? Future year draft picks can't be used in trades? What? 

It's less work for Mike and more fun for everyone if there aren't last minute rules changes for imaginary dilemmas.

Just change it to a 2021 pick. It has always been the case that next years picks can be used.

whilst I have no problem with the trade I am not part of the team making modifications to multiple docks and the trade is essentially pointless in this mock and no one is really gaining anything hence the value of the trade. 

I do think it is Dangerous grounds when starting to use 2022 picks and beyond as it is a one year mock and it’s not as if we are talking about first rounders or anything.

I would equally be expected to be rejected on a deal if I tried to give up my entire 2022 mock to trade for someone in this. 

• Like 2

Just now, mountainpd said:

Just change it to a 2021 pick. It has always been the case that next years picks can be used.

whilst I have no problem with the trade I am not part of the team making modifications to multiple docks and the trade is essentially pointless in this mock and no one is really gaining anything hence the value of the trade. 

I do think it is Dangerous grounds when starting to use 2022 picks and beyond as it is a one year mock and it’s not as if we are talking about first rounders or anything.

I would equally be expected to be rejected on a deal if I tried to give up my entire 2022 mock to trade for someone in this. 

I also appreciate I should be on the band wagon for allowing this trade as it may put the chargers out of the QB market but it just not worth it for a one year mock.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

No, there isn't an issue in the first place. It's imaginary. The rules adequately covered this which is why there was no need for midnight improvisation. If Mahomes can be traded, why not Dalton on terms agreeable to both sides. That's why it's called Total Control, not Mike's mock. 

Typing on my phone so apologizing now for typos.

The rules Also state that if a loophole is discovered that I'll do my best to fix it asap.  I saw this as a loophole so I stopped it.  This had nothing to do with Dalton but everything to do with a loophole that would allow for teams to trade players for absolutely zero value within this single season mock draft that were bound for free agency.  A single trade such as this isn't going to kill it but allowing the one opens it up to completely destroy the concept of the free agent system we created.  Call it what you will midnight conspiracy...bit rich but whatever.  

The Big picture is this is Mike's mock.  I took a fractured ffmd design and with the help from you and many others made it what it is today.  Yes it still has its flaws but it ain't bad.  The idea then was to prevent the depletion of the free agency by removing loopholes and even some irl cba rules to make it work.  That still applies to now.  I saw this trade as a loophole.  Again this had nothing to do with dalton as I can even understand your point of giving Dalton to another team to prevent him from potentially getting less in the open market but in doing so you are setting the market value or at least manipulating it to benefit another team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Also.. I can’t stop you.. but as someone who updates the cuts/restructures..  if you post them in Bulk,  we’re gonna get along.

If you post like 4 different posts a day with 2-3 in them each,,   You are not on my favorite list 

Noted. I'll hold for all decisions. That makes sense.

3 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Also.. I can’t stop you.. but as someone who updates the cuts/restructures..  if you post them in Bulk,  we’re gonna get along.

If you post like 4 different posts a day with 2-3 in them each,,   You are not on my favorite list 

Yeah my bad. I shouldve figured out who ALL I wanted to cut before making my first cut lol

So RFA and EFRA is open too? I might have missed exactly what is and isn't open.

Also, would someone who is good with extensions be friendly enough to shoot me a PM so I can walkthrough what I am thinking of doing and see if it makes sense?

2 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Giants in search of quality of Edge Defenders. Send me offers if you have anyone I might think is groovy.

EDIT: I took the GIF down cause I don't wanna be the only one in here getting weird. lol

Bring back Bruce....if that gif makes you weird I'm screwed...haha.

10 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Giants in search of quality of Edge Defenders. Send me offers if you have anyone I might think is groovy.

EDIT: I took the GIF down cause I don't wanna be the only one in here getting weird. lol

Please.....being normal is what is considered weird around here

• Like 2