2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

29 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I'm sorry for the silly question but I can't seem to remember if we are allowed to restructure contracts and then trade that player?

Peace!!!

Yes. I just saw it somewhere. Maybe a sheet @ny92mike sent out through sheets. Says new rule, once you complete the restructure you can trade. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The issue is that is sets a bad precedent to essentially trade a player for essentially nothing in a 1 year mock. If enough trades like that go through then it depletes the FA pool. 

Just my two cents, but I wouldn't mind the deal had it been a 2021 pick. Even though that doesn't have a tangible impact in a 1 year mock, at least it is moderately realistic. How many deals really go through where the only pick exchanged isn't in the current draft or the next?

I’m going to say this once for everyone. If you have an issue because you didn’t get your way take a step back and look at all the time and effort Mike puts into this. He doesn’t get paid it’s his time for your enjoyment. Then revisit your complaint and if you still after thinking about all the hard work want to gripe send me a PM and I’ll gladly counsel you through it. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m going to say this once for everyone. If you have an issue because you didn’t get your way take a step back and look at all the time and effort Mike puts into this. He doesn’t get paid it’s his time for your enjoyment. Then revisit your complaint and if you still after thinking about all the hard work want to gripe send me a PM and I’ll gladly counsel you through it. 

I see what you did there.......

• Like 4

Just now, BowserBroncos said:

Guys I need to ask something. I've post the release of Todd Davis, but I've just got a trade offer for him. Since @ny92mike didn't mark that post as marked. Would be ok if I pull back the release of Davis and make that trade?

It wouldn't bother me as a TCMD member / GM - esp. since it hasn't been 'marked' yet.  But obviously if @ny92mike has made the changes, it would be his call.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BowserBroncos said:

Guys I need to ask something. I've post the release of Todd Davis, but I've just got a trade offer for him. Since @ny92mike didn't mark that post as marked. Would be ok if I pull back the release of Davis and make that trade?

Nope I already give you the Broncos time and time again. This is your punishment 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BowserBroncos said:

Idc... as long as the person who sent the trade doesn’t back out and you turn around and release again 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I think once you post it here, it official.  The marked aspect is for the accounting purposes.  

I don't get the rush to cut players that could yield some interest in order to save some cap space when FA is still a week+ from now.

• Like 2