2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Just now, Cbrunn said:

So if I use the lower tag at the lower cost, will someone be able to steal him before I traded him?

Yup.  If you use the non exclusive tag you could get offered draft picks however unlikely.  Or the person you are looking to trade with could back out.  Nothing locked in until after that tender offer phase is complete.  There are risk to tag n trade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Yup.  If you use the non exclusive tag you could get offered draft picks however unlikely.  Or the person you are looking to trade with could back out.  Nothing locked in until after that tender offer phase is complete.  There are risk to tag n trade.

Definitely something to think about.

If they didn't have Dupree wanting 20 mill AV , I wouldn't have done it

But to pair Turay, who has a chance to be a beast, next to heyward, tuitt and watt ...for 2 years on a rookie deal

Okereke who will play the Barron role , better and way cheaper

And a higher 3rd then I would get next year when juju leaves cause there is no money to pay him

Also have other moves , that are just waiting to get Ben his weapons

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Alright...so the final decision for the extensions will require some adjustments to your team roster workbooks, figure to have them ready in a few hours if everything goes as planned but will be finished tonight at the latest.  Will be adding another section to the Extension sheet.

Extension Rules

3 max with a 4th used for tagged players.  You will be allowed to use one of the three to extend a rookie on the final year of his contract.  

1st round rookies on their final year will be done using this new section I'll be adding.  Instead of using the listed APY value to extend these players, you'll be using the exclusive tag value as the APY value with a fixed 5 year contract.  Your other option for first rounders is to apply the 5th year option at the transition tag value.  Odds are it'll be cheaper to extend under these rules but this gives you two options to select from.  

2nd round picks or below on their final year will be listed in the extension list currently set up.

Will still need to post in the forum like before and don't delete the contract you create in the workbook until we've had a chance to verify the details.

Again, I'll be working on these changes to the workbook this evening/ night but will have them done by morning.

Any questions please post them.

I'm also going to be posting some additional info announcing what transactions we'll be accepting tonight, so please keep an eye out for that.

Thanks.

These are guys that have 1 year left and not oending FAs?