2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Was also looking at some of these voided contracts it might just be the Ron Darby deal but the sheet I set up for these don't extend out that many years to account for future signing bonus so if you plan to retain these voided contracts that have signing bonus going past two years let me know.

25 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Right but how the system works they will all be vet min deals.  So maybe having a high grade now would be the right move.

I say we avoid that saga. It’s almost a fake excitement to sign him. Being on the exempt list and his current legal issues doesn’t warrant many bidding wars 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Right but how the system works they will all be vet min deals.  So maybe having a high grade now would be the right move.

I would put them similar to how someone that would have been on IR for the 2019 season.  Their 2018 season should help set their APY

@ny92mike

So if I understand the rules this year:

(1) I am capped at the amount of $$$ that I can generate via restructures (located in workbook under "Restructure Contract Sheet" [currently sitting at $4.995M])

(2) I can extend multiple players listed on the Extend sheet. Currently, I am anticipating extending Fuller, Tunsil, Watt, Cunningham and possibly Scarlett.  All extensions must meet the parameters set by the workbook.

(3) Also, not exactly related to this TCMD, but Deshaun Watson does NOT meet the criteria to be extended for this TCMD.  But if I was anticipating my budget for 2021, I could mentally set aside $35M for his next contract / franchise tag?

Thanks for everything that you do and have done!  Looking forward to tomorrow (obviously)!

Andy Dalton has been traded. I'll let my trade partner announce his arrival.

AJ Green will be getting the franchise tag. We're fine with keeping and extending him but he can also be had in trade. We value him at a low 1st, early 2nd level. We'd also consider players before free agency begins. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jch1911 said:

@ny92mike

So if I understand the rules this year:

(1) I am capped at the amount of $$$ that I can generate via restructures (located in workbook under "Restructure Contract Sheet" [currently sitting at $4.995M])

(2) I can extend multiple players listed on the Extend sheet. Currently, I am anticipating extending Fuller, Tunsil, Watt, Cunningham and possibly Scarlett.  All extensions must meet the parameters set by the workbook.

(3) Also, not exactly related to this TCMD, but Deshaun Watson does NOT meet the criteria to be extended for this TCMD.  But if I was anticipating my budget for 2021, I could mentally set aside $35M for his next contract / franchise tag?

Thanks for everything that you do and have done!  Looking forward to tomorrow (obviously)!

Yes...been trying to come up with a better system and this is kinda a test year but all the extensions will be approved by this board this year.  They may decide to cap it if teams are trying to extend too many.

How many is too many?  Good question.

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Yes...been trying to come up with a better system and this is kinda a test year but all the extensions will be approved by this board this year.  They may decide to cap it if teams are trying to extend too many.

Thanks for your response. (TY to u @sparky151)

I am extending mostly my young "good" players (Tunsil, Fuller, Scarlett, Cunningham) and THE Htown Icon (Watt) - so there's justification for each of the extensions.

But I understand the point.

26 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I almost want to tell you to just let it ride this go around see what works and what doesn't or what needs adjusted and take that over to your keeper league

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I almost want to tell you to just let it ride this go around see what works and what doesn't or what needs adjusted and take that over to your keeper league

This normally hasn't worked which is why we limited it to 3 in the past but limiting it to three in the past made it difficult for teams with no cap starting out so I expanded it.   We really need to nail down this criteria for the board.