2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

4 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

In your own time bro.

Must be a crazy the 1st few days trying to keep up with everything.

Dude...it's the worst...was just telling samsel sorry about the mess of workbooks used for the behind curtain stuff.  Probably ran him off.

Takes a little bit to find my stride and to get organized. 

edit:  Releasing players is fairly easy, but trades suck just not an easy way around it.

Edited by ny92mike

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Dude...it's the worst...was just telling samsel sorry about the mess of workbooks used for the behind curtain stuff.  Probably ran him off.

Still here.. honestly I’m not sure how much help I’m gonna be till after the Super Bowl though.    Definitely will try to pitch in where I can 

• Like 2

Very interesting start so far. The trade block is, as every year, very overheated and there are many exaggerated valuations. But that will certainly change again after the first FA around... I love to see players offered to me for a mid-round pick and released the next day

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Very interesting start so far. The trade block is, as every year, very overheated and there are many exaggerated valuations. But that will certainly change again after the first FA around... I love to see players offered to me for a mid-round pick and released the next day

Tbf..  I would rather release a player than get a 6th Round pick in most cases..   throw more in FA and you can get better bargains with your early bids 

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@jrry32 

As for the Dalton trade, I was just looking ahead and seeing that as a loophole to collect guys bound for UFA for nothing.

It's absolutely absurd for you to cancel the Dalton trade. So much for Total Control. While the Bengals don't know who the pick will turn out to be, a 5th rounder will likely make the team that year and it might be a 4th rounder. The offer was originally a lower pick in 2021 but I asked for a better pick and was willing to wait a year. The deal is great for Dalton because we found a landing spot for him as a starter and he'll get his 17 mil this season. If he goes to free agency he'll get backup money offers from several teams but not starting money when Tom Brady is available. 

If we now have some new rule that players in the final year of their contract can't be traded, I think it ought to be repealed immediately. If the rule is that future year picks can't be traded either, that pretty much destroys the mock. It makes the top pick tradeable only to Miami or only for established players. Please reconsider your hasty action. 

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It's absolutely absurd for you to cancel the Dalton trade. So much for Total Control. While the Bengals don't know who the pick will turn out to be, a 5th rounder will likely make the team that year and it might be a 4th rounder. The offer was originally a lower pick in 2021 but I asked for a better pick and was willing to wait a year. The deal is great for Dalton because we found a landing spot for him as a starter and he'll get his 17 mil this season. If he goes to free agency he'll get backup money offers from several teams but not starting money when Tom Brady is available. 

If we now have some new rule that players in the final year of their contract can't be traded, I think it ought to be repealed immediately. If the rule is that future year picks can't be traded either, that pretty much destroys the mock. It makes the top pick tradeable only to Miami or only for established players. Please reconsider your hasty action. 

I’ll give you a 2022 5th just to not have to read that again.....

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

We still need to fix the problems caused by this new rule that was sprung on us in the middle of the night. 

I'm not even sure what the alleged issue or loophole is.

The issue is that is sets a bad precedent to essentially trade a player for essentially nothing in a 1 year mock. If enough trades like that go through then it depletes the FA pool.