The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

24 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Derrick Henry is carrying that team, they’ve always been built to kinda give teams trouble late in the year due to their physicality. They went into KC and beat the Chiefs what 2 years ago? 

That being said, Pats by a landslide. 

Ehh I wouldn’t go that far at all. He’s the backbone of our offense but if he was carrying us we wouldn’t have been 2-4 with Mariota. Tannehill’s been playing like a top 3 QB since he got the start.

8 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Ehh I wouldn’t go that far at all. He’s the backbone of our offense but if he was carrying us we wouldn’t have been 2-4 with Mariota. Tannehill’s been playing like a top 3 QB since he got the start.

He’s been good, finally healthy for one but we’ll see what happens in the playoffs.

59 minutes ago, The Robfather said:

Garbage??

Start from 2010, let me know what the numbers look like. Sure - from 99-09 the Titans were relevant. 

From 2010 to current? They're the only team in the division to not win a title. 

It's a "what have you done for me lately" league... and lately the Titans haven't been relevant. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yeah but i dont think you can use "Mahomes wasnt healthy" as a crutch. He threw the most yds he had all year, KC had the most offensive yds they had all year and he had 2nd most tds he had all year. Also, that missed fg was not a gimme, it was a 52 yd fg. Even if he makes it, its a tie game. Titans is a bad matchup for KC.

Pretty sure he was talking about the botched snap earlier, not the blocked field goal. That one was a 46 yarder, IIRC.

Honestly, we botched that game so badly, though. The fumble for a TD, a bad snap on a field goal, a blocked field goal, etc. Had the ball on their 32 inside the 2 minute and somehow gave it back to them at their 39 with 1:20 left. We choked that game away so horrendously. We outgained them by like 180 yards or something that game. Won TOP by 15 minutes. Titans were 25% on third down. Even turnover differential was even. Like we beat them in almost every "win this stat you'll win the game" stat and lost.

They are a bad matchup for us. We definitely should've won that game though.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Start from 2010, let me know what the numbers look like. Sure - from 99-09 the Titans were relevant. 

It's a "what have you done for me lately" league... and lately the Titans haven't been relevant. 

4 straight winning seasons and 2 playoff berths including a playoff win since 2016.

I'll give you 2012 thru 2015 but after 2015 we have defeated a bunch of good teams like New Orleans,Green Bay,Seattle,Baltimore,New England,etc. and had the 4 straight winning seasons and 2 playoff berths including a playoff win.

We were 9-7 in 2011 and almost made the postseason.

Just because we havent won a division title in a while doesnt mean shat.

Sure 2012-2015 we had 4 straight losing seasons because of Locker but we got a new QB and things got better.

You guys were terrible too from 2002-2010 the first 8 or 9 years you were a team

Edited by The Robfather

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm confused as to how the Texans have been more relevant? You think two more wildcard playoff wins is some great achievement? 

I guess it makes sense, though. When your franchises all-time leading passer is Matt Schaub and your all time winningest coach is Gary Kubiak, you gotta cherry pick things.xD

23 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I'm confused as to how the Texans have been more relevant? You think two more wildcard playoff wins is some great achievement? 

Four of the last division titles, six over the last 10. That's more than...zero out of the last 10, I think.

23 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I guess it makes sense, though. When your franchises all-time leading passer is Matt Schaub and your all time winningest coach is Gary Kubiak, you gotta cherry pick things

Yes, because arbitrarily picking up at 1999 isn't cherry picking. 

Given how the QB situation is in Tennessee, I wouldn't be throwing stones on Matt Schaub, the Titans haven't even had a Schaub level QB in 10 years. Not for lack of trying, mind you - three top 10 picks at QB, all flushed out of the league, a #3 overall pick in VY, a #8 overall in Jake Locker and a #2 overall in Marcus Mariota.

It's baffling you'd be so oblivious to your own failings at the QB position, yet choose to try to knock another franchise on theirs. I'd give Brock Osweiler $36mm at the drop of a hat over busting on THREE top 10 picks like the Titans have.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Four of the last division titles, six over the last 10. That's more than...zero out of the last 10, I think.

Yes, because arbitrarily picking up at 1999 isn't cherry picking. 

Given how the QB situation is in Tennessee, I wouldn't be throwing stones on Matt Schaub, the Titans haven't even had a Schaub level QB in 10 years. Not for lack of trying, mind you - three top 10 picks at QB, all flushed out of the league, a #3 overall pick in VY, a #8 overall in Jake Locker and a #2 overall in Marcus Mariota.

It's baffling you'd be so oblivious to your own failings at the QB position, yet choose to try to knock another franchise on theirs. I'd give Brock Osweiler $36mm at the drop of a hat over busting on THREE top 10 picks like the Titans have.

Never said we were some juggernaut force to be reckoned with. Not even close. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of this argument. Texans have done absolutely nothing in their entire existence as a franchise. To call another franchise garbage and then try to compare yours to another is the more hilarious and bafflingly oblivious notion. 

11 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Never said we were some juggernaut force to be reckoned with. Not even close. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of this argument. Texans have done absolutely nothing in their entire existence as a franchise. To call another franchise garbage and then try to compare yours to another is the more hilarious and bafflingly oblivious notion. 

*Sigh*

We went over this a few pages back:

On 12/29/2019 at 10:01 PM, ET80 said:

Context helps. I wouldn't brag about Division titles when talking about Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys - it's pretty irrelevant then.

For two teams without SBs? It's the only way to really discern who has done what. 

It seems as if the only people having issues with this simple concept are those who don't "win" from this simple concept. Neither side has won a SB, but one has done more than the other over the last decade, so ergo... The one who has done more is more relevant in that period of time. 

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

*Sigh*

We went over this a few pages back:

It seems as if the only people having issues with this simple concept are those who don't "win" from this simple concept. Neither side has won a SB, but one has done more than the other over the last decade, so ergo... The one who has done more is more relevant in that period of time. 

They both have one playoff win in the past 6 years. Congrats, you made it to the playoffs two extra times in that span, and you went one and done. Thus, one franchise has been garbage, and the other is a division dominating force. I got it now.

See I can cherry pick too!

Edited by Mesa_Titan

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I guess it makes sense, though. When your franchises all-time leading passer is Matt Schaub and your all time winningest coach is Gary Kubiak, you gotta cherry pick things.xD

He keeps harping on how much better the Texans are than the Titans which to be honest is silly.

The Titans started in '99 and the Texans started in '02 only three years later.

However the Titans have a .513 winning percentage while the Texans have a win percentage of .453

Also,Since '99 Titans have....

179 wins-regular/postseason(1 win shy of top 10),11 winning seasons,8 playoff berths,7 playoff wins,3 division titles,3x 13 win seasons,3 NFL ROYs,1 NFL MVP,2x NFL best record,2 AFC Championship appearances,1 AFC Title & 1 Super Bowl appearance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

They both have one playoff win in the past 6 years

But we're talking about 10 years - a decade. You know, that thing that ended about three hours ago.

Stop moving the goalposts to make your argument coherent. That's two extra playoff wins in that space. It's not something I'd brag about when trying to discuss Houston vs Pittsburgh, but it's holding weight in this discussion, even if you're kicking and screaming otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Congrats, you made it to the playoffs two extra times in that span, and you went one and done. Thus, one franchise has been garbage, and the other is a division dominating force. I got it now.

I don't think you do get it.

2 minutes ago, The Robfather said:

He keeps harping on how much better the Texans are than the Titans which to be honest is silly.

This decade, they have been. You can ca it silly all you want, doesn't make it any less true.

3 minutes ago, The Robfather said:

Also,Since '99 Titans have....

Since 2010, what have they done? Two playoff appearances, a playoff win, and a few 9-7 records?

5 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

People really falling for Tannehill having a decent stretch and Vrabel lucking into a playoff spot thinking they can somehow take on the patriots amuses me to no end. 

Saying Tannehil having a "decent stretch" and Titans lucking into a playoff spot is one of the reasons I'm so vocal on the Titans. This is the definition of not watching them play at all. Tannehil over a full season would be Top 4 in MVP with Lamar, Wilson, and Mahomes. He has played at an elite level caliber. And the Titans are more like a 12 win team that had the worst starting QB in the league. I really think people don't realize how BAD Mariota is. He is Blaine Gabbert level bad. People just see his name and number two pick status and like "hes alright". He's awful.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1