The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Minshew may be the most overrated QB of all time on this forum. He’s a backup QB who played somewhat ok. I doubt he starts for the Jags next season. 

And here comes the herd of Jag fans...

If he is starting next year, its likely going to be because of extremely limited options.

Who knows what he can progress into, but he looks like a quality backup at best.   Not a long term starting option.   

7 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I think they are too buzzy to be honest. They were outplayed by Houston at home in their current iteration. Houston is the "worst" division winner in the AFC. I'd take the Bills over them too. So... 6 seed seems right to me. 

Talk to me if they actually beat NE. 

Did you watch them play the first time around? Tennessee outplayed Houston but had some unlucky breaks and a limp Henry and barely lost. They win with a healthy Henry imo

Tennessee is better than Houston. 

Tannehill opened up the deep passing game and it compliments with their run game so well. They have weapons everywhere and really wear down defenses. As the game goes on they get stronger and stronger. 

As weird as it is to say, pats don't have the firepower to keep up. It's the same thing that I said about the chiefs a few weeks ago. 

59 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Minshew may be the most overrated QB of all time on this forum. He’s a backup QB who played somewhat ok. I doubt he starts for the Jags next season. 

And here comes the herd of Jag fans...

This year's version of Nick Mullens, tbh.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

Did you watch them play the first time around? Tennessee outplayed Houston but had some unlucky breaks and a limp Henry and barely lost.

Likewise, they got some breaks going their way and were going against a limp Watson. In their own stadium, they should win if they're a better team.

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

Tennessee is better than Houston

Emphatically disagree, as the last five or so pages should tell you. You say that Tennessee with a healthy Henry beats Houston, I say that Houston with a healthy Watson beats Tennessee worse than they did in the first matchup.

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

Tannehill opened up the deep passing game and it compliments with their run game so well.

But that run game has to get going. If it doesn't, Tannehill isn't going to jump start this offense. Limit Henry and you take away Tannehill and Brown.

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

As weird as it is to say, pats don't have the firepower to keep up. It's the same thing that I said about the chiefs a few weeks ago. 

I'm never one to count out Belicheck finding a way to stop Henry (see above, stopping Henry is the key) but I don't disagree with this take.

@ET80 I don't know how much more of an impact healthy Watson makes. He played a good game and he made a few more big plays than Tennessee did. 

Henry wasn't himself and didn't play that much. The difference between a healthy Watson and a hurt Watson is smaller than the difference between a healthy Henry and a hurt Henry. Healthy Watson is still Watson, while hurt Henry is not Henry. 

I am fine to back down the comments of ten > hou but anyone who says we definitively learned who the better team was that day, is biased or didn't watch it closely enough. Tennessee was right there 

The best team doesn't always win. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But that run game has to get going. If it doesn't, Tannehill isn't going to jump start this offense. Limit Henry and you take away Tannehill and Brown.

this isn't completely untrue but it's worth noting that tannehill threw 3 TD passes en route to a 28-point performance (likely a few more points if we don't get boger'd at the end there) vs the saints with henry sitting inactive on the sideline. obviously the offense is significantly more effective with a healthy henry but tanny's had some nice games when our run game was somewhat limited- he played exceptionally well vs the chargers before henry really got rolling and absolutely lit up the raiders despite us having to go away from henry midway through the game due to the hamstring injury (and brown balled out in that game as well). that's not to say henry being injured or contained isn't a big blow- you don't just shrug off the loss of the nfl's leading rusher- but to my surprise tannehill has done some good stuff when our running game wasn't at its most effective.

now...can he do that against the pats defense in foxboro in the playoffs? who knows.

Edited by -Hope-

23 minutes ago, N4L said:

@ET80 I don't know how much more of an impact healthy Watson makes. He played a good game and he made a few more big plays than Tennessee did. 

I actually think it was one of his more inconsistent performances - the first INT was pretty bad, he was late on a throw to Duke Johnson to the pylon against a two deep S look. It's a throw he can make more often than not - it's either caught by Johnson or goes out of bounds against that look, given the velocity of the pass and the time for th S to close the gap - but his pass didn't have any sort of drive on it. Kenny Vaccaro made an excellent play on the ball, but it's a throw that Watson can make with relative ease.

There were a few plays where Watson looked erratic, he really wasn't getting the ball out with the needed velocity. It was this game that made me think something was up with his ankle/leg, he couldn't plant and throw like he usually can. Watson only started to get going once he started to key on DeAndre Hopkins - that was less with Watson making good reads, and more on Hopkins making plays against an overmatched secondary.

Henry wasn't himself and didn't play that much. The difference between a healthy Watson and a hurt Watson is smaller than the difference between a healthy Henry and a hurt Henry. Healthy Watson is still Watson, while hurt Henry is not Henry. 

I can sort of concede to this - I think injured Watson might be more subtle, it's not as drastic as Henry. 

I am fine to back down the comments of ten > hou but anyone who says we definitively learned who the better team was that day, is biased or didn't watch it closely enough. Tennessee was right there

I look at this particular game in all three phases - Texans defense was able to force turnovers and punts, Texans offense was able to both take a lead and respond to Tennessee responding in the 2nd half. The Texans run game was previously in a funk but rallied in this game, the Texans blocked a FG and made their own kicks - outside of AJ Brown and Jonnu Smith, I didn't see the Titans really performing at a level to win. 

This could be bias, I'm not denying this. My rose colored glasses could be on, but I really felt as if Houston was the better team, both with individual players and an overall team effort. The Texans never hold a lead from wire to wire, and they pretty much did this game...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this isn't completely untrue but it's worth noting that tannehill threw 3 TD passes en route to a 28-point performance (likely a few more points if we don't get boger'd at the end there) vs the saints with henry sitting inactive on the sideline.

I was unaware of this. I was aware Henry sat, but didn't really check the box score on this one - yeah, this would debunk my thoughts on that.