Freddie Kitchens Fired

pnies20

3 hours ago, Browns1987 said:

Good guy, but put in a position to fail and stubborn enough not to fix it.

It had to be done. I hope he finds another gig soon. 

How so? Dude had every piece a quality HC should need to be competitive.

A decent head coach gets another 2-3 wins easily, and I’m a Freddie supporter.  6 wins with this roster is massively underwhelming.  

Tbh Freddie could have likely saved his job by just handing over the offense to Monken and focusing on one thing, but he never seemed to consider that.

Hell the staff the he and Dorsey assembled is pretty decent tbh, except for the guy he likely insisted by the QB coach. Henry, Campen, Mitchell, Monken, Wilks, etc are proven guys.

Dude was put in a great spot to win and didn’t, unfortunate as it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A decent head coach gets another 2-3 wins easily, and I’m a Freddie supporter.  6 wins with this roster is massively underwhelming.  

Tbh Freddie could have likely saved his job by just handing over the offense to Monken and focusing on one thing, but he never seemed to consider that.

Hell the staff the he and Dorsey assembled is pretty decent tbh, except for the guy he likely insisted by the QB coach. Henry, Campen, Mitchell, Monken, Wilks, etc are proven guys.

I agree with all of this except I really feel like Monken was the wrong hire because his offense is not suited for Mayfield.

10 hours ago, BooyaCS09 said:

The analytics is one of the most misunderstood and how it "can't work" in football.

The secret is the Patriots use analytics a lot.  This is why they get a lot of video (also to spy but that's neither here nor there).

The analytics would be something like how many times x team runs x plays.  Here are the tendencies on 3rd and 10 they usually throw an 12 yard come back on this side of the field and so on.  Information you can use to help in a game plan as well as the information you can use in a game.  Obviously there are outliers and teams should be able to figure it out and change it up.  The thing is coaches are creatures of habit.  If you had a coach that was a complete wild card, had 0 tendencies and only ran the plays that would be weaknesses for the other team you may have an advantage.  No matter how small it is still an advantage.  Then you use the analytics to determine which players to target etc.

Also you can run simulations say run this matchup 100k times and figure out why the results were one way.  Then game plan to give yourself the best advantage.  It isn't about stats or moneyball.  It is about information and how to use that information.  The issue is coaches are creatures of habit.  They watch video and "see" what they want to see.  They don't want someone telling them that they are too predictable and that the simulation favors the other team because of this predictibility.  They pass it off as they are just analysis guys that have no clue what they are talking about.  Meanwhile Bill B is laughing while he has the pats in the playoffs

Ya..no need for the education on this. (no offense)

I'm actually not completely against analytics, nor am I anti-nerd.  This is an on-going debate about one nerd in particular.

CX2FgpJWcAAvFND.jpg

I didn't trust the process as much as some of the brothers in here.

@LETSGOBROWNIES and @mistakey

Now these nerd lovin freaks were all on board with the tank, cap space, etc...

I didn't like the fact that this guy couldn't draft worth a crap, and couldn't identify a franchise QB.

So if the Browns decide to let Berry run the show??????

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611db6437bb3beb254291

I'm cool.....

Just draft well, and identify a coach that can lead this team for the next 10-15 years

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

DePodesta wanted McDermott over Hue and Stefanski over Kitchens, so maybe we just need to let him do his job for once and make the idiots get out of his way.

Dorsey bounces so often between idiot and idiot savant it is frustrating, time tonlet the smartest guy in the room do smart things. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2019 at 7:39 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

After reading this I just had a huge breakthrough. 

We should trade out of 1 head coach and  hire multiple head coaches B|

Edited by JDD
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...