Freddie Kitchens Fired

pnies20

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well, the common names I’m seeing are McCarthy, Rivera (overwhelmingly) and McDaniels, all of whom are retreads soooo...

But yeah, who wants a retread like Shannahan, Belichick, Vermiel, Carroll, Reid, etc?  That’d be so dumb...

That was my first thought. All of these coaches are retreads they want. But WTF do I know 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well, the common names I’m seeing are McCarthy, Rivera (overwhelmingly) and McDaniels, all of whom are retreads soooo...

But yeah, who wants a retread like Shannahan, Belichick, Vermiel, Carroll, Reid, etc?  That’d be so dumb...

Name one and support him instead of dancing around and taking shots with no ammo.

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Yep I agree. I think it’s going to be Stefnaski. I just hope he learns from what happened to Freddie and doesn’t try to be a first time head coach and a play caller

As long as he doesn't bring along Brad Childress (as was rumored before) to be anywhere close to Baker Mayfield.

Childress has no emotional or self-control... it did make his press conferences about Favre in Minnesota legendary. I lived in Minnesota for two years and there's not a coach in NFL history that threw their players under the bus more times and fed the media more chum than Childress.

Childress is a great offensive mind, but he's not a fit for what we need with this team at all. Mayfield's idol is Favre. Once he finds out how much Favre despises Childress, Baker likely will manifest similar opinions.

In the end though, what about Stefanski says he can lead an organization and culture.... why can't we hire someone that has done it before and had success....

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

McDaniels, as much of an arse as I think he is.

He comes from a place that understands culture and team building (which we need), he is probably one of the top 2-3 offensive game planners/play callers in the league, he has coached the goat and isn’t gonna put up with Baker’s bullsh*t, has some experience as a head coach and had already made his “rookie mistakes” and is young enough to grow and lead this team.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Name one and support him instead of dancing around and taking shots with no ammo.

That little gem above was hidden in a thread where people are doing just that.

You should check it out.

Lemme know if you still have trouble, I’ll link if for you.  

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

As long as he doesn't bring along Brad Childress (as was rumored before) to be anywhere close to Baker Mayfield.

Childress has no emotional or self-control... it did make his press conferences about Favre in Minnesota legendary. I lived in Minnesota for two years and there's not a coach in NFL history that threw their players under the bus more times and fed the media more chum than Childress.

Childress is a great offensive mind, but he's not a fit for what we need with this team at all. Mayfield's idol is Favre. Once he finds out how much Favre despises Childress, Baker likely will manifest similar opinions.

In the end though, what about Stefanski says he can lead an organization and culture.... why can't we hire someone that has done it before and had success....

Favre seems like the guy to sell Baker on Mccarthy

I like mccarty because he can prolly put together the best coaching staff. We prolly turn into a 3/4 team tho. Think Garrett could be a monster in a 3/4 DE 5T if he keeps getting bigger. Ogun Garrett Richardson nice DL. LBs would be hurting still. Taki Taki prolly could be a very good ILB in a 3/4 and Mack might be good as an OLB. No idea what the other ILB or OLB would be tho. Assuming Joe is allowed to walk

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Favre seems like the guy to sell Baker on Mccarthy

**** selling Baker on anything right now.  Dude just threw 21 tds to 20 picks with 4 all pro targets. No one should be selling him on anything other than the fact he needs to shut up, practice his mechanics, and accomplish something before opening his yap again.

• Like 3