News and Notes: Cowboys Not in Playoffs Edition

Matts4313

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

d38.jpg

The playoffs have been littered with dismal QB play, strong defense, and stout running games from the winning teams. One game featuring the opposite doesn't erase that.

But mostly, I REALLY don't see why it has to be one or the other. Some teams win with an incredible passing attack and scoring 50 points. That doesn't mean defense is obsolete. Some teams win with a strong defense and ball control ground game. That doesn't mean passing the ball isn't important.

Just be good at something. You won't convince the 49ers that JimmyG was the key to their playoff win, and you can't tell the Chiefs that their defense and RBs is what got them their W. 

Missed my point, I think. 

I took issue with people using anecdotal evidence as proof positive. This thread has been littered with posters yelling about how specific performances prove their position. I don’t believe either one Mahomes’ performance or a small historic stretch of running from Henry proves anything.

That was exactly the point I was trying to make. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Missed my point, I think. 

I took issue with people using anecdotal evidence as proof positive. This thread has been littered with posters yelling about how specific performances prove their position. I don’t believe either one Mahomes’ performance or a small historic stretch of running from Henry proves anything.

That was exactly the point I was trying to make. 

Well only one poster has claimed that the running game doesn't matter. There was a whole thread about it. He later admitted he was trolling with the thread title but others are quick to point out when a running game propels a team to victory because of it.

Your point was missed because you claimed that Pat Mahomes performance was soul crushing for those who tout the run game. Sarcasm doesn't always come across on the internets.

16 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Well only one poster has claimed that the running game doesn't matter. There was a whole thread about it. He later admitted he was trolling with the thread title but others are quick to point out when a running game propels a team to victory because of it.

Your point was missed because you claimed that Pat Mahomes performance was soul crushing for those who tout the run game. Sarcasm doesn't always come across on the internets.

I still dont think you understood my point. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I still dont think you understood my point. 

I do. I'm over it.

You admitted your thread title was trolling, and that you don't actually believe the running game is completley useless. You believe passing efficiency is the most important aspect of winning and the running game is less important. Fine. 

My point is, people only remember your thread title and that's why they point out when running games matter to teams that win.

Now there's a whole group of you that point out when Pat Mahomes goes Andy Reid on someone to counter the running game matters crew. Although Nextyearfordaboyz admitted he was being sarcastic, I'm not sure those who liked his post knew that.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I do. I'm over it.

You admitted your thread title was trolling, and that you don't actually believe the running game is completley useless. You believe passing efficiency is the most important aspect of winning and the running game is less important. Fine. 

My point is, people only remember your thread title and that's why they point out when running games matter to teams that win.

Now there's a whole group of you that point out when Pat Mahomes goes Andy Reid on someone to counter the running game matters crew. Although Nextyearfordaboyz admitted he was being sarcastic, I'm not sure those who liked his post knew that.

Player Date Tm   Opp   Cmp Att Yds TD Int Rate
Deshaun Watson 2020-01-04 HOU   BUF W, 22-19 20 25 247 1 0 121.2
Russell Wilson 2020-01-05 SEA @ PHI W, 17-9 18 30 325 1 0 108.3
Kirk Cousins 2020-01-05 MIN @ NOR W, 26-20 19 31 242 1 0 96.4
Josh McCown 2020-01-05 PHI   SEA L, 9-17 18 24 174 0 0 94.8
Drew Brees 2020-01-05 NOR   MIN L, 20-26 26 33 208 1 1 90.4

Player Date Tm   Opp   Cmp Att Yds TD Int Rate
Patrick Mahomes 2020-01-12 KAN   HOU W, 51-31 23 35 321 5 0 134.6
Aaron Rodgers 2020-01-12 GNB   SEA W, 28-23 16 27 243 2 0 113.7
Ryan Tannehill 2020-01-11 TEN @ BAL W, 28-12 7 14 88 2 0 109.5
Russell Wilson 2020-01-12 SEA @ GNB L, 23-28 21 31 277 1 0 106.5
Deshaun Watson 2020-01-12 HOU @ KAN L, 31-51 31 52 388 2 0 95.7

Isnt it odd that the wins line up directly with passer rating? If I wasnt lazy I would do the ANY/A argument..... But I am lazy so...

11 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Good for him. He obviously listened to Marshawn.  Next stop 1st ballot ticket to Canton.

I’m not sure he gets in 1st ballot because some voters may feel that he wasn’t in the league long enough. I think he’ll be punished for not playing for 10 years. He’s a 1st ballot guy in my eyes without question, but HOF voters are fickle and weird.

11 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m not sure he gets in 1st ballot because some voters may feel that he wasn’t in the league long enough. I think he’ll be punished for not playing for 10 years. He’s a 1st ballot guy in my eyes without question, but HOF voters are fickle and weird.

I have a hard time seeing voters screwing it up for a 7x All-Pro, but you're probably right. 

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I have a hard time seeing voters screwing it up for a 7x All-Pro, but you're probably right. 

I put nothing past HOF voters because I’m convinced that they’re openly biased and functionally retarded. They’ve held people out of the Hall because they didn’t like the position they played (Safety, WR), didn’t like the players as people (Charles Haley, Terrell Owens), thought their careers were “too short” (Terrell Davis), or simply used the “well, he’s a Hall of Famer, but not a first ballot Hall of Famer” (countless players), so I fully expect them to screw it up when Kuechly’s window opens.

this is the one I’m most excited for today! Ive been to NFL Films many times in Mt Laurel, NJ  when they where a customer of mine. Met Steve there and  got to see what actually goes on there, how they Restore and preserve all the old film. Congrats to Steve Sabol! Him and his Father Ed are such great NFL icons both now inducted to the Hall of Fame! 

Edited by textaz03

10 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

this is the one I’m most excited for today! Ive been to NFL Films many times in Mt Laurel, NJ  when they where a customer of mine. Met Steve there and  got to see what actually goes on there, how they Restore and preserve all the old film. Congrats to Steve Sabol! Him and his Father Ed are such great NFL icons both now inducted to the Hall of Fame! 

He should have been inducted with his father and probably John Facenda (the narrator) too.

• Like 1