News and Notes: Cowboys Not in Playoffs Edition

Matts4313

10 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Lol, Graham was clearly short

****ing Packers. Every time. Disgusting

Ya, they had multiple angles showing the forearm down and the ball position relative to his body at the time. His helmet was at the 36, the ball at least 2-3 feet behind that

The punt call with 2:30 was gutless

3rd and 5 should have been 4 down territory. If you have to make a stop, might as well make it at midfield if you fail and give yourself a chance with an extra down

I would have called a run with Wilson on 3rd and 5 and either converted or had a 4th and 2 or less

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Out of the 4 remaining teams, I’m pulling for Derek Henry! What he’s done this year is and these last 2 weeks of playoff games  is phenomenal for a guy of his size! Come on Tennessee bring that trophy home to Music City USA! 

Nice sentiment, but is the fat mans year. Give it the walrus, koo,koo,ka choo.

24 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

#RUNNINGGAMEMATTERS

I've stayed out of that argument, but it does matter.

Here's the kicker though. IT"S ALL RELATIVE. All the numbers and stats don't mean anything. It's all situational and goes hand in hand with the ebb and flow of any given game. SOme games the running game absolutely maters and in others it doesn't, or have the same impact.

Edited by HDsportsfan

9 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I wonder if it is soul crushing to base your entire football philosophy on anecdotal evidence, argue it into the ground, and then see the Chiefs put up more points than their runningbacks had rushing yards?

d38.jpg

The playoffs have been littered with dismal QB play, strong defense, and stout running games from the winning teams. One game featuring the opposite doesn't erase that.

But mostly, I REALLY don't see why it has to be one or the other. Some teams win with an incredible passing attack and scoring 50 points. That doesn't mean defense is obsolete. Some teams win with a strong defense and ball control ground game. That doesn't mean passing the ball isn't important.

Just be good at something. You won't convince the 49ers that JimmyG was the key to their playoff win, and you can't tell the Chiefs that their defense and RBs is what got them their W. 

Edited by DaBoys

40 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

d38.jpg

The playoffs have been littered with dismal QB play, strong defense, and stout running games from the winning teams. One game featuring the opposite doesn't erase that.

But mostly, I REALLY don't see why it has to be one or the other. Some teams win with an incredible passing attack and scoring 50 points. That doesn't mean defense is obsolete. Some teams win with a strong defense and ball control ground game. That doesn't mean passing the ball isn't important.

Just be good at something. You won't convince the 49ers that JimmyG was the key to their playoff win, and you can't tell the Chiefs that their defense and RBs is what got them their W. 

1970s Spidey, ahhhhh, my youth!