Wildcard Round: VIKINGS (10-6) at Saints (13-3)

swede700

58 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

What actually happened to Hughes? Did he get hurt in practice?

This would be far from ideal but could Rhodes play in the slot? He used to when following WRs around some. Kearse did do decent there when Hughes and Alexander we out before

All I've heard is that it was a neck injury.

I sure as heck don’t want Rhodes covering Thomas.  Probably going to have to cover with 2 guys and just hope the rest of their offense doesn’t beat us. 

Kendricks on Kamara at all times.  

I don’t know.  I honestly have no idea what this team is going to do to prevent the Saints offense from bearing down on us.  I’m not an expert on schemes and matchups.  I just assume a big body like Thomas would be constantly covered by someone like Kearse and Sendejo.  Meaning we will need 3 Safeties out there, so Harris and Smith can do what they do. 

Edited by Torchezim

17 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

hopefully the refs would call an unsportsmanlike penalty for them mooning us.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

• Like 1

A lot has been said about Kirk's record against winning teams so I decided to do a search.  Here's a factoid about another guy in the division.  How many times have we heard "when you have Aaron Rodgers as your quarterback, you always have a chance?"  Well, maybe we are in better shape than a lot of people want to give us credit for.

I had to post this tweet here because of the info contained in it, but also because the picture is so great!  Bwahahahaha!

• Like 1

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

If we don't win this game, I think our season is over. This is as "do-or-die" as it gets and if we don't win, we may as well go home because the Super Bowl will be a long shot.

I agree. I’d like to add that scoring more points than the Saints is crucial for a W today. 

• Like 2

Just about to head over to my Dad's house for the game.  Poor guy is getting pretty old so these game days are becoming more and more precious as time goes on.  Have a great day everybody, and here's hoping we pull out the win.  As a parting gift, I will leave you with the following info regarding Kirk Cousins vs. the Saints.  If he does this and the rest of the team comes to play, we should definitely be in this one!

• Like 2

If this turns into a shootout, we won't win. Do not put Barr on J. Cook. We will struggle to contain the Saints front 4. We can with the screen game and draw plays. Our defense was gassed early playing GB because Cousins kept going 3 and outs. He has to sustain drives.

Brees has 1 more TD on the season than Cousins and has played in 4 fewer games.