2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

Names I expect us to go after are Glasgow, Vaitai, Thuney, Smith, Cobb, Perriman, Agholor... among others.

I do think we rebuild this OL. Getting at least 3 new starters via FA, trade and draft.

I also think we get new WRs. Seems Robby will get paid elsewhere and the DY experiment went good enough to keep around. Making Crowder our only legit starting WR. So I expect a FA add or 2 and a quality pick or 2 used at WR.

I expect us to get a more legit edge somehow in FA and a get CB. That being all we do on defense.

If we have any brains at all, we'll build a completely different looking OL through every avenue possible. But not all "good" offensive lineman are equal, and we really need a strong run blocker or two to be amongst our 5 guys. I'd argue that our pass blocking was at least close to serviceable for periods late in the season (if only because of Darnold's abilities). But our run blocking was awful all year long. Need to be better there to take some of the pressure off the passing game and not force the back to make two guys miss just to gain a yard.

Then I'm looking for WRs, ideally a guy with true #1 potential and a role player or two. Adding another CB or two to the mix and an edge rusher if we get lucky. If we hold onto Gregg Williams, then I have enough faith in him that we should put just about all of our effort into fixing the offense.

Also, I really don't want to lose Adams or Bell. I think it'd be a mistake. Adams is obvious. Bell might have struggled mightily running this season, but his 66 receptions (2nd) and 461 receiving yards (3rd) seem to have flown a bit under the radar.

• Like 1

I’d bring back Beachum as well. 

C-RG-RT should be rebuilt first. The consistency on the blindside will be crucial. 

TE/RB/QB are all fine, maybe add a quality veteran back up and let Josh Adams work as the #2 RB going forward to keep Bell fresh. 

Bring back our WR core and add another weapon to it or let Robby walk and add a more well rounded versatile receiver.

• Like 1

I’m a little worried about finding Robbys potential replacement. There’s a learning curve for rookie WRs, so while I’d love to grab one in the 2nd, I’d be hesitant to plug him in as a starter right away. Outside of Cooper (Who I don’t believe we have a shot at) this FA class is meh. Not a fan of Perriman who I believe benefited from the most pass happy offense in the league and will be paid because of it. Assuming Robby is gone, who do you guys have taking his spot? 

Albert Wilson is a name that wouldn’t shock me, assuming he’s cut. He played the best ball of his career under Gase, albeit briefly because of injury. Also referred to Gase as a genius on multiple occasions. He’s been grossly overpaid/disappointing in Miami but would provide cheap depth and someone familiar with Gases system. 

Manish put out a bunch of crap about Gase trying to trade him before last season which I think was probably overblown and had everything to do with his terrible contract. 

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

Albert Wilson is a name that wouldn’t shock me, assuming he’s cut. He played the best ball of his career under Gase, albeit briefly because of injury. Also referred to Gase as a genius on multiple occasions. He’s been grossly overpaid/disappointing in Miami but would provide cheap depth and someone familiar with Gases system. 

Manish put out a bunch of crap about Gase trying to trade him before last season which I think was probably overblown and had everything to do with his terrible contract. 

Miami just got Gailey out of retirement to be their OC. And he loves 4 WR sets. Don’t see them parting with Wilson.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Miami just got Gailey out of retirement to be their OC. And he loves 4 WR sets. Don’t see them parting with Wilson.

Interesting hire.

Still, he’s set to make 10mil this year with only 1mil in dead money if cut. They’d be crazy not to move on, he’s not worth anything near that type of money.