Offseason To-Do List: Resigning Free Agents

Beck Bristow

57 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I definitely think we add another guy in the draft but they seem pretty content from what Tobin had said about the young guys they claimed on waivers 

Que? Are they expecting guys they picked up off the waiver wire to turn into above-average NFL players? God help us if they are. Tobin may become the poster child for Dunning-Kruger.

9 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Que? Are they expecting guys they picked up off the waiver wire to turn into above-average NFL players? God help us if they are. Tobin may become the poster child for Dunning-Kruger.

I don't think Prince is anything more than a backup.  But with him, we don't have to draft another backup.  So get one RT future starter if he's available at a point that matches value.  At worst, they have to keep Glenn another year.

9 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I think they like Fred Johnson more than Prince obviously. That shouldn’t stop us from adding more to the room for competition. However it’s not gonna be a top free agent. 

They'll fill holes with low to mid level free agents so they are free to go any direction in the draft without being completely screwed at a particular position, albeit left with probably an inadequate starter unless they get lucky or pick up a guy with personal baggage.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I definitely think we add another guy in the draft but they seem pretty content from what Tobin had said about the young guys they claimed on waivers 

I think we have 7 guys that are virtual locks to be here next season: 

Starters

Williams 

Hopkins 

Miller

Likely starters that can be upgraded,  but will stick as backup 

Jordan 

Hart

Backups

Price 

Johnson 

So that means we add two.  Hoping for a fairly early draft pick and a versatile veteran to round out the roster.

54 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think we have 7 guys that are virtual locks to be here next season: 

Starters

Williams 

Hopkins 

Miller

Likely starters that can be upgraded,  but will stick as backup 

Jordan 

Hart

Backups

Price 

Johnson 

So that means we add two.  Hoping for a fairly early draft pick and a versatile veteran to round out the roster.

I'll be surprised if we don't add one veteran in the mold of Miller.  Honestly, if we had another Miller at LG last year, it would have helped a good bit with Price and Jordan both being turnstiles at times with the occasional solid game.  I'd bet we add another veteran G and continue to develop Jordan as a backup this year and possible future starter and then add a young RT in the draft to compete with Fred Johnson for the swing tackle role.  The idea being that Jordan can take over for Miller in 2021, and Price likely gone after this year since there is no cap benefit to cutting him now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'll be surprised if we don't add one veteran in the mold of Miller.  Honestly, if we had another Miller at LG last year, it would have helped a good bit with Price and Jordan both being turnstiles at times with the occasional solid game.  I'd bet we add another veteran G and continue to develop Jordan as a backup this year and possible future starter and then add a young RT in the draft to compete with Fred Johnson for the swing tackle role.  The idea being that Jordan can take over for Miller in 2021, and Price likely gone after this year since there is no cap benefit to cutting him now.

Throw in Prince as the fourth OT, and I think the team thinks they are set.  If we take an OT, it needs to be high up in then draft with someone expected to take over for Hart.  We have the backups already

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...