Who has held Chicago back more: Nagy or Trubisky?

patriotsheatyan

Who has held Chicago back more: Nagy or Trubisky?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who has held Chicago back more: Nagy or Trubisky?

• Nagy
    • Trubisky

1 hour ago, eaganfootball4 said:

I’m a vikes fan so (unfortunately and very painfully) this argument holds no water with me.

So are you suggesting that Nagy should have convinced Pace that he was wrong about Trubisky after just ~20 starts and to find and pay an average QB over 80M in fully guaranteed money?

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Both are to blame. Against the Packers (a team with a great pass rush and talented secondary) but a shoddy run defense Trubs threw 45 & 53 times. What coach with a bad QB does that? 

Trubs stinks but Nagy doesnt really help himself. 

Bingo. 

What do all offenses in history who were as bad as the Bears all have in common? Poor play-calling, poor production from the QB position, poor OL play, no run game, and poor play from the majority of all skill position players.

^^ This is what the Bears offense was this year. It wasn't just one person. it was a collective disaster.

To reword the topic, I would keep Nagy before I'd keep Tribusky.  

But, Nagy could focus on beefing up his defense and keeping Tribusky where he is.  

If Tribusky doesn't turn the ball over, they're in the playoffs next year.  

Probably wouldn't get close to winning a Super Bowl though.  

10 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Trubiski. Nagy has proven he can be a good coach/play caller with a good/great QB. Trubiski is just terrible.

Don't think Tribusky's close to being terrible.  He's not great by any means, but not terrible either.  

There's QBs in the league right now that are much worse.  

9 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Is there some meme that I'm unaware of where people intentionally spell Trubisky wrong over and over again?  Seems like I've seen at least 10 different ways to incorrectly spell it.

Trublusky isn't great, but I feel like Nagy is misusing the talent there to some degree. I'll say Nagy over Triboosky, slightly.

Nagy. 

It's sad the way people keep trying to write off Trubisky; the media has seemingly been on a mission to run this guy out of the league.

Everybody knew he was a raw prospect that didn't play a ton in college.  We all knew his development was going to take time, and now, we're suddenly confused his development is taking time...

And let's be honest, this is not some team full of all stars being held back by a young QB, which is the picture that keeps getting painted of the Bears.  The o-line is atrocious, the TE position was nonexistent, the running backs were never able to take much pressure off, and the receivers were streaky at best.  The entire offense struggled to get into rhythm for much of the season; some of that is on Trubisky, but most of it falls on coaching.

However, If you look at the last half of the season, Trubisky really started to pick his game up.  In his last 8 starts, he had 14 TDs to 8 turnovers;  nothing to write home about, but at least there was some improvement as the season went on.  He does a pretty good job of taking care of the ball.  It isn't always pretty, but he's relatively efficient as a passer, and is a terrific athlete, and would be nice to see him get more opportunities to air it out deep and particularly, make plays with his legs, an aspect of his game that was mysteriously jettisoned this year...

And why doesn't anyone ever mention the shoulder injury that he sustained earlier in the season, that cost him 2 games?  He also injured his hip mid season, and that was apparently not important enough to ever get brought up.  Dak Prescott's week 16 shoulder injury was 'A block' discussion on pretty much every sports show on tv.  Amazing how Trubisky's injuries were a non-story...

Now I'm not trying to make a hero out of Trubisky, he certainly has some work to do, but I think he has shown enough promise to keep around at least another year, but there is a lot more issues on the offensive side that need to be ironed out. 

Not a fan of Trubisky but Nagy is a terrible coach. He's supposedly an offensive mind, but their offensive schemes and playcalling are abysmal and you know he's not contributing any expertise on the defensive side of the ball. I expect their defense to decline as a result in the next couple seasons, it's just what naturally happens when a head coach has an overwhelming focus on one side of the ball and not the other.

Not trying to troll you, Bears fans; all my in-laws are Bears fans and I like it when they're successful. They frustrate me more than probably any other team except maybe the Chargers in terms of not being able to get out of their own way.

Edited by Destructo Spin

On 1/1/2020 at 12:34 PM, sammymvpknight said:

Who? Other than the backups that were forced into starting positions?

He's better than Darnold, Mariota (benched), and Foles (injured, but still benched).   

He's very comparable to Darnold, but he's still better.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

6 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

He's better than Darnold, Mariota (benched), and Foles (injured, but still benched).   

He's very comparable to Darnold, but he's still better.  

That's debatable...but sure, I'll give it to you. He may be better than Darnold. He's probably better than Foles. But he's not better than Minshew. Minshew is like rich man's Mitch Trubisky. But heck for the sake of argument, you named two possible NFL starters that Trubisky might be better than. I doubt that you can be considerably worse than Mitch Trubisky as a starting QB.